P3AT works great

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by FF88, Feb 25, 2010.

1. FF88

FF88 New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Shot new first time P3AT - worked flawlessly, right out of the box. Likes Rem UMC ball ammo. I only see posts which tell of problems. What about posts regarding our successes? Looking forward to shooting P3AT again.

2. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    Aye to that - I've put over 400 rounds through mine since I got it three weeks ago and it's AWESOME!

(note: I DID happen to follow ALL the recommended processes - fluff/buff before shooting it the first time, using good recommended ammo, etc)

Coincidence? I think not.

3. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Welcome to KTOG and the P3AT. You do see posts about successes, and all my friends who own P-3AT's have not had any reliability problems with them, but not having any problems they didn't post on the BB. It seems more than anything people come to the BB to get self help advice so people get the impression sometimes that the P3AT isn't a reliable pistol, but it is.

Best Regards

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I came to the post after first purchasing a SW642. Had it about two weeks and had second thoughts about carry. Finally settled on this little baby. Checked all the threads I could on care, maint. and F&B and have had no problems since. I feel that all the problems that come up with some of these can be worked out with time. Great little carry. Tom :)

5. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Well, my P3AT did require a trip to Kel-Tec when new... but since that point it has been the among the most reliable pistols I own. I have shot over a thousand rounds of every type of FMJ, HP, brass-cased and aluminum-cased ammo I can get my hands on and it has been 100% reliable. The .380 may not be the most powerful round, but if i want to carry without even thinking about it the P3AT can't be beat!

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

I'm now happy my first P3AT (J2Rxx) had problems because it led me here to KTOG to get help and advice. Once I got the bugs worked out, without a trip back to Kel-Tec but help from them with parts, I liked the gun so much I bought a second! Zero problems with my second (JPMxx) P3AT.

Take care...

7. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hey, great comment that usually it's about a problem when these are actually very reliable. Mine is a JZYxx and is flawless. Best little pistol with a nice bang. Good luck with yours !!

8. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    yes, the p3at is a great gun. most work 100% right out of the box. those are the ones that we never hear anything about. we only hear about the ones that give some problems. reason is the owner is looking for help in fixxing the problem.

9. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I have 1100 + out of one and 900 + out of another with no issues when I fire it.

Enjoy and welcome :)

10. mcinil

mcinil New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Mine seems to work excelent now I have around 200 rounds in each. I got my wife one also, for Valentines day, and it is awesome. So far just ball ammo with one box of red dots.

MC.

11. FF88

FF88 New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    shot P3AT again over the weekend - reliable again - cleaned and lubed with CLP. Ready for the next trip. I don't shoot it as a range gun - a few clips and then pack away (and clean).

12. maddyfish

maddyfish New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Mine shoots fine. About 400 rounds through it while in my possesion.

13. Emack76

Emack76 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Good thread! My wife's P3AT, like many others described here, "Works Great!" She's only got 100ish rounds through it (95gr LRN Handloads + 50 S&B 95gr FMJ). It's handled both of those rounds quite well. She's got a couple hundred PMC we're going to feed it soon. Impressive considering that (bless her heart) the wife has a 'limp wrist' and she wilts when shooting my PF9.

You can be sure I'll be carrying her P3AT when she isn't. :cool:
    [smiley=beer.gif]