Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I remove the assembly pin, I should be able to slide the slide forward completely off the frame, but it WILL NOT come off. WTF? My P-32 came off with no problems, but this sucker WILL NOT come off. Anybody here got any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well now I managed to snap the hammer and the whole thing is locked up and nothing will move forward or backward. The assembly pin won't go back in. This is kinda unusual cause I owned a P-32 for four or five years and NEVER had one single minute of trouble out of it. This gun breaks down the same way, or it supposed to, but it doesn't. I don't get it. WTF??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well DUH??? I kept wiggling the slide around on this thing and it finally slipped forward and came off like it supposed to. I ran 50 rounds through the gun today as it was new and unfired I always like to shoot an auto 2 or 300 rounds for break-in before I carry it daily. So when I try to disamble it tonight to clean it, like I said, it wouldn't come apart.

I love these little guns but they are like Porsches in that they are so tempermrntal because every part is minimal to save weight so it gets a lot of stress. You trade longivity for performance and both Porsche and Kel-Tec gives us that, but dang sometimes it makes you scratch your head and wonder WTF???

Okay, now that I have the slide off, I'll look for a burr on the frame and anywhere else. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
By the way fellers, my DeSantis Nemises holster came today. I am a leather worker and can build anything I want and have always used leather holsters. But somebody here on this forum said one day, why have a light weight pistol and a holster made of leather that weighs as much as the gun?

Well I thought that was a darn good question, but had never used a nylon holster because I always thought leather was what you ought to use. Wellllll boys, this thing is slicker than snot on a door knob. It is light and the gun comes out easy and the holster stays in my pocket. Sometimes my leather holster would come out still on my little P-32 and that ain't good no. So if any of ya'll have second thoughts about using nylon holsters, you can quit having them. I'm betting that if you ever try one, you'll never use leather again. Count me SOLD!!!

And THANKS to whoever it was that told me about that holster in the first place. It was one of ya'll here, but I don't remember who. Ya'll all take a bow. Ya done good!! Thanks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope. No ditch. This gun has only had 50 rounds fired through it. Actually as I look at the box, it still has 12 rounds in it so it has only fired 38 rounds. Too early for ditches.

Strange thing is that I've reassembled and disassembled it about isx times now and it has not happened again. I try to make it do it so I can figure out whatinhell is going on, but it comes off like it supposed to now.

Well, if it happens again I'll get a BFH number 2 and work on it a little and see if I can adjust its attitude. Then I'll use it for a trot line weight and buy a Glock.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Better use the Glock for your trotline.
The P3AT ain't heavy enough.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Take it easy RJ.  Let the dissolving stitches come loose on their own.  You don't need to be popping them early.

I remember when they took my left nut.  One day the stitches started dissolving and letting go.  Little pop and I could stand up a little straighter.  While later another one let go and I could straighten a little more.  End of the day all four were gone and I could stand all the way up.

DON'T rush it.

Guess I ought to unhijack this thread now.

Jim, who knows RJ knows this but a reminder never hurts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.