P3AT, what was supose to come with it?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RavenTai, Apr 17, 2009.

1. RavenTai

RavenTai New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Finally found one, piked it up a few days ago , S/N K5Gxx, blued, paid too much ($329) but not having seen one for sale in over a year..............

reading here and in the videos on you tube some talk about theirs coming with 2 mags and an Allen key, is this still correct?

Mine came in a padded plastic box, w/one mag, instruction manual, and a bolt on trigger lock, that's it. am I missing anything?

2. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Sounds about right to me. I got the same except I have the cardboard box, with the zippered soft case that used to come with them.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Raven,

Welcome to KTOG! Best of luck with your new gun.

Both my J2Rxx & JPMxx came with only one mag and no wrench.

Take care...

4. ChasF

ChasF Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That is exactly what came with mine. I did get an extra mag with the deal, but that wasn't part of the boxed pistol.

I kept looking for the orchestra and dancing girls, but it wasn't to be. I had no one close to share the euphoria.

5. RavenTai

RavenTai New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    LOL dancing girls always make a deal sweeter, but sounds like I got everything.

First thing I did was an abbreviated conservative F&B, and cold-blued all the disturbed area's and the barrel, even just knocking down the top of milling swirls made a noticeable difference in feel when racking the slide.

the "chatter" on the web about this one basically amounts to this one being a mechanics gun, and not to expect it to run right when new, so I was prepared for problems, I only shot a box as I have only been able to source one box of .380, but it was shockingly accurate for its size/build type and gave not one trouble at all, one box if not enough to say it is %100 reliable but it is very promising.  

Buddy of mine did give me a mag full of federal hydrashock so that is what I carry for now till the ammo manufacturers catch up, fits right in the change pocket of my jeans has been everywhere with me this week, it disappears both visually and feel, thinking about a desantis nemesis for pocket carry and it will be shorts season soon

6. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    I like the gun rug got a cardboard box.