P3AT VS P32 for kick?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by iweb, Nov 27, 2008.

1. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wife is wanting to learn to shoot SD so I am thinking of P32 or Walther P22 to get her started. I have never shot a P32 so how does it differ recoil wise from a P3AT?

2. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

Somewhat less than the .380. Kinda hard to describe. Maybe you could borrow one for a try. My wife doesn't like either one but I think both are quite manageable.

3. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    i have only shot a p32 once but it was quite mild compared to the P3AT.

4. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Let me put it this way...... my 9 year old daughter LOVES my wife's P32 and will shoot it all day long if we let her!  ;-)

5. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Never shot a P32 but I can tell you the P3AT is nothing to me, but my wife shot it twice, put it down said "no thank you"and never picked it up again, LOL. A .22 is always the best way to start a noob to our fine sport. :)

6. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Just to add the SIG Mosquito can be had for cheaper then what I am seeing the P22's for nowadays (saw the SIG for $278 the other day) and it is a much more well made pistol, and softer shooting to boot.

7. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I will check out the Sig, wife just held a P3AT, Ruger 22/45, XD, CZ 92, Glock 27, and liked the "feel" of the P3AT the best so I think if the 32 with a pinkie extender doesn't kick much it is the way to go. When I get home I will check around to see if I can find one to try out. We don't have a shooting range to rent one.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I would say that the recoil of the P32 is perhaps 10-20% less than the P3AT, depending upon ammo.  It is a significant difference.  I think many ladies and non-recoil junkies would prefer it, or at least shoot it better.  The very slight decrease in size/weight, an extra round capacity in the standard mag, available 10 rd mag, and slide stop are also nice features. :cool:

9. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Not to hijack the thread buuuuuut.........I love the new avitar TxCajun!!! Made me chuckle! ;-)

10. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Does anyone own the Sig and any input? I have some ads out to buy a P32, if nothing else it would be a nice little brother to the P3AT.

11. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I don't have any info on the Sig, but I would personally stay away from the P22. I have a friend that has one and it doesn't like the bulk pack ammo. (My reason for buying a .22 was cheap ammo...not stingers or mini mags) On the other hand, I have only had one failure with my Ruger MKIII 22/45. My wife loves to shoot it when she isn't shooting her Kahr CW9. She hated my P3AT too.

12. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wife is going to shoot my 22/45, she thought it was heavy but we will see how the shooting goes.

13. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    I have both the p-22 & the P-3at.

The wife can rack and shoot both, but for the ccw course, the p-22 will be much easier to handle.

Bert