P3AT vs P11

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Harbec55, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Harbec55

Harbec55 New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Question for those of you that have both a P3AT and a P11 - Is the length of the trigger pull the same on both?
    Let me s'plain; My trigger finger has stiff joints that limit how far I can move the trigger and how heavy a pull I can handle. (It's a long story - look at some of my previous messages if you are interested.)
    Now I have a P11 and can't quite pull the trigger - my finger locks up just before the break point. I installed one of 2PP's LHS kits and bingo! I can pull the trigger.
    Problem - I want it unmodified to use for concealed carry.
    Problem - My grip is wimpy enough that the P11 hurts!

So, if I go to a P3AT - will it solve my length of trigger pull problem?

2. jbabbler

jbabbler New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    The P3at is MUCH easier than a P11. I don't know if its much shorter but it is like butter compared to the P11. I say go to the store and try one first.

3. 762x39

762x39 New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I have both. Started with the P-11 and hated the trigger pull. Bought a P3AT and love it. the trigger, IMO has a much shorter pull and also much smoother. I have added a mag extenion, a belt clip, a grip sleeve and a ARMA-LASER. it's with me 24/7. On a side note , I have gotten more acustom to the P-11 and am starting to enjoy it also. [I will soon be adding a laser to this gun as well.]

4. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The P-3AT seems to me to have a much nicer trigger pull. It's also a real pocket piece but the P-11 really is too much...both in size and weight. The P-11 is nice for an IWB carry.

5. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Ditto incase someone is keeping score.

6. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Screw the P11. Buy one of these for the best pocket 9mm available. :cool:

[​IMG]

7. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Would you please enlighten us all and reveal the make and model of the best pocket 9mm available.

8. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Sure, that is the Kahr PM9. Read this review.

"At the 9 mm Luger power level, the PM9 is one of the few true pocket pistols, and one of the most practical carry guns available."

http://kahr.com/PA-1B/review_ar_1004.html

9. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    $900!!!!!!!! I'll carry my USP .40 S&W anyday before I pay $900 for a pocket 9mm.

Sure, that is the Kahr PM9.  Read this review.

"At the 9 mm Luger power level, the PM9 is one of the few true pocket pistols, and one of the most practical carry guns available."

http://kahr.com/PA-1B/review_ar_1004.html[/quote]

10. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    It's NOT $900. Nowhere near that. That's probably the LIST price from when they first came out. I got mine new, out the door for $525 with night sights AND they come with an extra extended magazine. Let's see Kel-Tec do that. Oops! They don't! ;)

And, before anyone brings it up. Yes, I do have a P11...and two P3ATs.

11. Harbec55

Harbec55 New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been looking for a P3AT locally to try out with no luck - I'll keep looking.
    I'll be posting a P11 for sale or trade shortly.

12. fwm

fwm New Member

Jun 14, 2006
    NW MO
    Try looking at the PF9. 9mm. Easier trigger than the P11

13. Drivebytrucker

Drivebytrucker New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    i was just about to ask what the trigger weight is on the KT pf9

14. k9pound

k9pound New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    P3at is said to have a 5lb trigger pull P11 had 9lb. I didn't find info on the PF 9

15. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    PF9 and P3AT have the same trigger systems so they should be pretty darn comparable on weight/pull.

-Scott