Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have both a P3AT and a Bersa .380 Concealed Carry?

I'm thinking of adding the Bersa to my collection, and I was wondering if anybody had pics of one side-by-side with the P3AT.

G

·
Curley said:
Does anybody out there have both a P3AT and a Bersa .380 Concealed Carry?

I'm thinking of adding the Bersa to my collection, and I was wondering if anybody had pics of one side-by-side with the P3AT.
WHY ???

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
There is no comparison in size, or more importantly, in weight.
The Bersa needs a belt holster, the KT doesn't.

The Bersa, by all reports, makes a nice shooting range gun though.

rcmodel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm looking for a versatile, relatively inexpensive pistol to keep in my car all the time. I want something versatile that I can tuck in a pocket or IWB, and inexpensive, so that I won't feel so bad about it if it gets stolen.

I've had a regular Bersa Thunder .380 before, and it was a great gun -- extremely accurate and reliable. Plus, I like the safety features it has -- manual safety/decocker, loaded chamber indicator, magazine safety, etc.

(I have a P3AT and a Kahr PM9, both of which I pocket-carry, depending on what I'm wearing.)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Curley said:
Well, I'm looking for a versatile, relatively inexpensive pistol to keep in my car all the time. I want something versatile that I can tuck in a pocket or IWB, and inexpensive, so that I won't feel so bad about it if it gets stolen.
I think a Bersa Thunder (BTW, good finger extensions) would make a great truck gun but you best have a jacket if it’s going in a pocket.

Wilson – who’s betting a used 9mm P-11 truck gun wouldn’t cost much more than a .380 Bersa and it holds more rounds plus no safety to get you killed ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  The Kel-Tec P-11 is smaller overall and much lighter than the
Bersa Thunder, holds up to 14 rounds of 9mm and is probably less expensive than any other gun you will find.
Yep, I'm well aware of that. I've owned two P11s, but I HATE the P11 trigger, and I could always shoot my Bersa much more accurately than the P11. So it wouldn't do me much good to carry a P11 if I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love my Bersa...errrr Firestorm as a vehicle gun and a range gun for my sons. Nothing wrong with the Bersa at all. As a pocket gun, well......

One thing's for sure, the Firestorm hasn't FTF'd, FTE'd or any other "FT..." you can think of since I got in new and have put about 1000+ rounds through it. NO malfunctions. ZIP. NADA.

I love my KelTec, but it is took some bonding.... ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I held both a CC Bersa and a regular one the other day. The CC didnt impress me much at all, and would take the regular one over it anyday. Seemed like a little bit of a melt job, little thinner grips, and horrible sights were what I remember of it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have nothing at all against the Bersa. They are nice guns. But, why on earth would you choose a .380 for a gun that's mostly going to remain in your vehicle or carried IWB?

I think most folks who own and carry a 3PAT do so because it's easily concealable and not because of it's tremendous firepower.

There are numerous choices in pistols about the same size and weight as the Bersa, but in 9mm, .40, .357 or .45. Any would be a better choice. A P-11 would probably be the least expensive and it has infinitely more uumph than any .380.

I carry a .45 and the 3PAT for backup. My truck gun is a Ma Deuce, but I'm saving up for one of these. ;D ;D

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Curley said:
Obviously not.  Where would I find out more about it? I did a Google search on Dial-a-Trigger, and the only hits came back on this forum.
Adjustable trigger pull modification:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1155751568

Inertial Firing Pin modification:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1155859478

Inertial firing pin mod directions:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1160029669

Drop Test results of New Firing Pin.
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1157994707

Packer.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
There is no comparison to be made between KT P3AT and Bersa 380. ::)
I have both. ;D
The P3AT is much lighter, smaller, and more concealable.
The P3AT is the better carry gun.
Although I also have a very old Bersa Model 97 that shoots wonderfully but is like a boat anchor to carry.
For close up shooting, i.e. car type situation, whether a P3at, P11, Bersa 380, the one that works for you in a life or death situation is the one to have available.

G

·
tokamak, bet a round out of that into that truck will make a headache go away bigtime ;D love the sled rails, do u drag that behind your atv??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Geez. You ask what time it is, and everybody wants to tell you how to build a clock. Then somebody else says that kind of clock sucks and you need to build something else. And so on... ::)

I did not ask for advice on a concealed carry weapon. What I asked was whether anyone had any photos comparing a Bersa .380 Concealed Carry side-by-side with a P3AT.

Apparently not, so thanks for your time. :)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Since apparently no one has the pic you need, I can say this.  You said you had a Thunder 380.  The CC model is a tad shorter in height and length than the regular model.  The CC is somewhat thinner and lighter as well.  It may be fine for the purpose you seek.  It is still larger in every dimension and about twice the weight of the P3AT, however, if it is not to be primarily a pocket pistol, that might not matter much.   Someone here r3ecently got one (forget who)  and said he prefered the original model that he once had.  I don't know why.  I think the CC models look cool.  

The stats on the Thunder CC are here:
http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/main_specs.php

Stats on the P3AT are here:
http://www.kel-tec.com/p3at.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.