Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an aftermarket trigger for the P3AT like the north wood products? In searching I have seen that some use the trigger pad that keltec makes. I'd much rather have a new trigger. Is there anything is testing? Is there some reason one can't be produced?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many folks are using the trigger shoe on the P3AT? KelTec list it for the PF9, is it a direct fit for the 380, any modifications needed?

·
Registered
589 Posts
How many folks are using the trigger shoe on the P3AT? KelTec list it for the PF9, is it a direct fit for the 380, any modifications needed?
If I'm not mistaking,the trigger shoe is not to be used on the P3at due to it sticking out beyond the frame on the sides making it possible to catch on a holster or pocket and causing accidental discharge.

I am sure I read that somewhere. See if TX or somebody in the know will chime in here

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Kel Tec sells a trigger shoe for the P-11. It will fit (sort of) the PF-9 also, but is significantly wider than the PF-9 trigger guard, and thus projects out and could be snagged by a pocket, holster, etc. Some have used this trigger shoe, modifying it (filing it down) to work better on the PF-9. I don't think there are any trigger shoes that will fit/work on the P3AT however.

I think Pops at Northwoods has done a little preliminary work on a trigger for the P3AT but have not heard what progress has been made, nor any kind of idea when or even if, such a trigger will be available.

Jim R

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll just wait it out. I'm not really into the trigger shoe idea if its that much trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what do you not like about the factory trigger? i took everything apart on mine and took fine steel wool to get everything smooth, then went over it with buffing wheel and polish. Mine's very smooth now. I wouldn't want to put somebody's "better" trigger in it...

·
Registered
620 Posts
for range practice, what I do is put a "Sports" bandaid on my trigger finger. The pinch and pain goes away.
Get them at WalMart, the Sports kind has a thicker pad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
lol.....come on guys.......seriously?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I hope the pops trigger works as good in the p3at as it does in the pf9

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
why wouldn't it dracer? it's straighten out and the point is gone. After 4 months of shooting 380 a lot , I never had a problem but trigger bit me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
lol.....come on guys.......seriously?
Yes, I'm also a MARINE! (once a Marine, always a Marine! Semper Fi!) I might be old, greatgrandfather age 83, but I'm not stupid. After about 25 rounds with my P3AT my trigger finger starts to feel it and I put on a Sports bandaid and I'm good to go for more. If you're young and have tough hands, HOO RAY!
When you're 80 let everyone know if your finger still doesn't get sore. Some don't have tough hands and the P3AT does slap the trigger finger against the guard, so a Sports bandaid helps right from the start for them.
Check my review of .380 pistols at the usrange site (in the SemiAuto section), KelTec still near the top of the list. (the LCP, 'littlecrappypistol' still at the bottom of my list.)
Fired about 100 different handguns and calibers over the years. For instance, if you're afraid of .357magnum, try the new Rhino. About like a NAA .22magnum.
Cheers,
og

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ditto oldgrandpa,,, I ran 2000 Rnds thru kt380 since dec 3 and it cut the $h^* out of my finger Monday . Some people don't understand skin of 83 years old.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, I'm also a MARINE! (once a Marine, always a Marine! Semper Fi!) I might be old, greatgrandfather age 83, but I'm not stupid. After about 25 rounds with my P3AT my trigger finger starts to feel it and I put on a Sports bandaid and I'm good to go for more. If you're young and have tough hands, HOO RAY!
When you're 80 let everyone know if your finger still doesn't get sore. Some don't have tough hands and the P3AT does slap the trigger finger against the guard, so a Sports bandaid helps right from the start for them.
Check my review of .380 pistols at the usrange site (in the SemiAuto section), KelTec still near the top of the list. (the LCP, 'littlecrappypistol' still at the bottom of my list.)
Fired about 100 different handguns and calibers over the years. For instance, if you're afraid of .357magnum, try the new Rhino. About like a NAA .22magnum.
Cheers,
og
Haha......ok maybe there's an exception for those in their eighth decade.

However, i have buffed, scraped, and polished my p3at's grip and trigger and smoothed out all the poor molding and sharp lines off of it. i haven't noticed it to be overly uncomfortable. but yes, it's a tough shooter.

semper fi
rough and tough
kill 'em all

·
Registered
620 Posts
and if you want some real 'pain' try some of that BuffaloBore "+p" stuff. That is if the pistol doesn't blow apart first!:eek::(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't exactly have baby skin and it's not that the trigger eats my finger up or cuts me. It's just down right uncomfortable for me to shoot. I'm not one to shoot five rounds and put a gun in my pocket or holster that I plan to protect my life with. I had fired thousands of rounds through my glocks, sigs and 1911s to improve my shooting skills and know that I can rely on the firearm. It's just not comfortable or fun to shoot. So maybe the new triggers if produced will fix that problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
the uncomfortable part, IMO, is not the trigger itself, but the slap of your trigger finger against the trigger guard during firing. The back of the trigger finger hits the trigger guard during recoil. For me at least.
og

1 - 20 of 45 Posts