P3AT Trigger Replacement

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by boatnsc, Feb 4, 2008.

1. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    l need some help here...l filed my trigger down too far during the F@B and drove to Keltec
    to get a new one to put on today...the guy there said there was no way since l had already taken the pin
    out that l needed to bring the gun in and they had to use a special jig to put it in or the gun would fly apart

Any Comments

2. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    I didn't use a jig when I replaced mine, I do kinda remember wishing I had a third hand while I was doing it.

If your close enough to drive there I would let them do it. If not it can be done alone, get two triggers though, I broke the first replacement when I drove the pin in to far.

3. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Just the challenge of doing it myself with my ktog limited experience ,but as close as l am
    l think l will just let them do it.

4. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I’m sure glad I didn’t know that or I wouldn’t have installed silver triggers in most of my hard chrome P-3ATs.

[​IMG]

Wilson – who’s too dumb to know he needed to do a special folk dance :-/

5. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    ooo Man that 1G is pretty! Just need the metal mag catch! How did you get the pinky extension to match the grey of the grip color? I'm jelous! I can't wait till these items become available again!

6. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Now l am Really jealous..L did go to Kel-tec and let them redo my trigger and felt so guilty that he didnt charge me that l had to buy a HC slide for $75..sooo lets see that puts me at $339 out the door for my P3AT now for that silver trigger that Wilson has ,darnit , this forum is costing me money ,lets see golf.gun,golf,gun

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I used Bob to help with that

8. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    As with the frame pins, magazine release and aluminum frame, I had them DuraCoated gray. To make sure they exactly matched the gray grip, the gray grip was DuraCoated gray too :)

Vanity also required three magazines be refinished with mag bodies in a Gun Kote silver color along with three different bottoms, standard, Bersa & NAA. The trigger is one of a batch of Kel-Tec triggers & trigger pins that were refinished in a custom mixed DuraCoat color to match the Kel-Tec had chrome slide. Truth be know, Gray Ghost is actually one of the wife’s dressed-up P-3ATs.

Wilson – who’s not nearly as vain ::)

9. JimBob

JimBob New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    hahah thanks for the info! I am that vain I guess lol that looks really nice!