Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got around to machine a steel replacement for the plastic p3at mag catch, and while i was at it i milled 3 extra. price is $20 each shipped anywhere in lower US, or i would trade one for a p3at mag. finish is ok - see picture. all catches have been tested for fit and functioning in my p3at.

ps the catches work perfectly in my p3at, but if it would not fit properly in someone else's gun, i'd be happy to offer a full refund.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'll take one. PM on the way.

G2S

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
On the chance you make any more put me on your list... I'd sure take one or two [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey JoJe would you be willing to try and machine one for the P11? i am willing to compensate you for time and materials.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm excited to see the interest! :D

ape, guru2sum & sangueffusor: pm sent.

burley & jboze: thanks for your offers! i may do another run down the road depending on demand, time, etc. in that case i'll PM you to see if you're still in the market.

tazguy04: i wish i could help you but i cant. i do not own a p11, so even if i had the exact dimension for the p11 catch i'd have no way to check fitting. sorry.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ok i plan on buyying the green grip for my P11 when i do if i ship the black grip and a mag could we maybe work something out ? the mag release would look nice with my HC slide

·
Registered
585 Posts
PM sent, hoping to generate enthusiasm for another production run.  :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ape, guru2sum & sangueffusor: the catches are on their way with USPS. i'd very much appreciate if you'd let me know how they work for you. they work great in my 2nd gen gun/mag, so should be drop-ins for you, although i suppose there is some tolerances in kel-tec guns. also feel free to ask if you have problems disassembling/assembling the p3at. ive torn down my gun so many times during the holidays i can do it in my sleep now :)

tazguy04: lets see if we can arrange something down the road, i'll ping you.

rest: there was a greater interest in these than i expected. i'll try to make another batch any the coming weekends - between boss, wife & kids it can be a challenge to find time though. also, it'd be nice to get feedback on the ones i've already made first.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Great, thanks again joje! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Money went out today as well. So you should see it sometime this week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
joje said:
it'd be nice to get feedback on the ones i've already made first.
Just looking at the picture of it installed in the gun, It looks like the end you push with your thumb is sticking out far enough to cause a problem with the magazine falling out. It's an easy fix to file/sand it down to your own liking though! Let's see how the testers like them!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I don't know about that? I kind of like the idea of a mag release that's a bit extended from stock.
But I guess I'll find out soon enough. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JBoze said:
Just looking at the picture of it installed in the gun, It looks like the end you push with your thumb is sticking out far enough to cause a problem with the magazine falling out.
they are ever so little oversized, protruding about 20mil more on each side than my plastic catch - im surprised you could see it from the picture. i like it, but as you said it can easily be filed down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts