P3AT Slide

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Bo_Bryant, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Picked up my new P3AT today. However, I don't know if I have problem or not. When I try to rack the slide, it will not come back. I am new to the 3AT so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with the gun.

Am I doing something wrong? I pull back on it like the P11. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Bo Bryant

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Not meaning to sound smartallecky, but do you have the springs in? Both of them? Can you slide it forward by hand? Empty your mag and try it - what happens?

-Scott

3. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    You are not. I haven't taken it apart as of yet. Just opened the box, tried to rack the slide, it moves back about 3/8 of an inch and that is all that it will do. Didn't know if I have a problem or something I am doing or do I need to take it apart first and do something. Never had this problem with my P11.

4. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Even though I couldn't get the slide to go back, I took out the assembly pin and disassembled the gun. I don't know exactly what I did, but when I reassembled it, it worked fine. So that is all that counts. Strange though. Now, I will take it apart again, clean it, put some militec on it and put a few rounds through it.

Bo Bryant

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Since it was test-fired at KT, probably someone, somewhere along the chain leading to you, disassembled the gun and did not get it back together correctly. Anyway, let us know how it shoots. A word of warning... once you start carrying a P3, everthing else feels like a brick. ;D

6. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Sure will Cajun. Picked up some ammo yesterday but wasn't able to make it to the range. I will do that one day next week. Compared to my other handguns, you are right, this is feather light. It will replace my P11 as my carry gun.

Happy shooting to you. I will post a report after I shoot it.

Bo Bryant

7. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Does this mean that we will be able to pick up a nice used p-11 soon Bo?

8. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    No, it just means that I have to wait a while to shoot her. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks to get the replacement slide.

Probably, the way it will eventually go, after I get used to Baby (P3AT) is that the P11 will be my every day carry, and Baby will be my Sunday go to meetin' carry.

Happy shooting to you.

Bo

9. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    BO you will definetly like shooting the P3. Got to shoot mine today and all went well...

Happy shooting

John

10. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    John:

Thanks for the encouragement. I will make it one day next week to the range. I am looking forward to the opportunity of letting Baby out of her box and see what she can do at close range--7-10 feet.

Happy shooting to you.

Bo