Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  I've been bad. I know somebody told me you should NEVER modify a gun, but I just couldn't HELP myself. I guess the debil made me do it:

I really see no reason why KT couldn't have made this from the get go:

Just like there is no reason that a P3AT should NOT have a slide stop:

The slide stop lever adds this much to the width:

About 1/32".

ALL P3ATs should have slide stops.

Packer.

G

·
Re: A NICE IMPROVEMENT FOR P3AT.

What a great gun! I cannot stop looking at the pictures. Even nicer than the pictures of Grace Park which you posted elsewhere on this site. You are a man of great skill and great taste. Paul

G

·

Paul_J._Nolan said:
What a great gun!  I cannot stop looking at the pictures.  Even nicer than the pictures of Grace Park which you posted elsewhere on this site.  You are a man of great skill and great taste.  Paul

It looks nice but I would bet that would sure "void" any warranty on that weapon.. Thats not a fluff and buff, that is a big time modification  to the sldie and weapon.. IMO

·
Registered
562 Posts

OMG, Packer, the fiery realm of uh, let's see, where's that place snowballs don't last too long? Oh yeah, Miami! -- await you if you don't stop this ... this, well, improving an already great pistola! ;D

In other words, don't be coy, what's it cost, how do we get the mod instructions, and, let's see, oh yearh, how long before they get here?!

To quote from the movie, Broken Arrow, when Howie Long says to John Travolta,"You da' Man!"

Regards.
Lynnsky

·
Registered
115 Posts

Two Pistol Packer said:
  I've been bad. I know somebody told me you should NEVER modify a gun, but I just couldn't HELP myself. I guess the debil made me do it:
Packer.
Great job Packer. KT should have a slide stop, but for some reason they decided against it. Maybe there was a reason. Anyway, be careful if you are going to use that P3AT as your self defense weapon. I am not sure I would trust it now. Too radical of a mod for me.

G

·

Lynnsky said:
OMG, Packer, the fiery realm of uh, let's see, where's that place snowballs don't last too long?  Oh yeah, Miami! -- await you if you don't stop this ... this, well, improving an already great pistola! ;D

In other words, don't be coy, what's it cost, how do we get the mod instructions, and, let's see, oh yearh, how long before they get here?!

To quote from the movie, Broken Arrow, when Howie Long says to John Travolta,"You da' Man!"

Regards.
Lynnsky
think ur off base their linsky, My comment was also it looked nice but my comment about the warranty still holds true. Couldn't have been a cost issue with kt, if they are still making it on the 32, so I myself have always wondered why the eliminated it.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks, guys! All day yesterday I was examining every conceivable problem and reason why this would not work. Once they all were eliminated and I could see it clearly in my mind, I just HAD to make it happen--even if it took until 3AM to finish.

It IS a radical mod. it took longer than I thought it would. It is untested yet. No details until I know it will work well.

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Lynnsky said:
OMG, Packer, the fiery realm of uh, let's see, where's that place snowballs don't last too long?  Oh yeah, Miami! -- await you if you don't stop this ... this, well, improving an already great pistola! ;D

Regards.
Lynnsky
Funny how this works: You take a normal guy and show him how to do a really good trigger mod on his P-11--And now he's ready to jump right into the most radical and difficult of mods. ;D ;D

YOU da man, Lynnsky! Congrats on your success!

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

There is a very strong possiblility that this mod could cause slide cracking. I want to test it for awhile to see if it holds up.

As it stands, this mod was a real bugger to do. I'm not sure, if you knew everything that was involved, that you would consider it.

Right now, I consider this to be a scientific project to test whether such a thing is really possible. I have accepted the risk that this may cost me a gun--But don't those new slides look nice?

Packer.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

I can see that you can certainly lock the slide back. My questions are...
Does it lock back by itself on an empty mag?
Does it lock back when it shouldn't?
Does it work off the standard P3AT assembly pin spring?
Finally, why not use the P32 system instead of the P11? No room for an internal slide lock, I'm guessing?

It will be interesting to see if that cut-out is too much stress for the P3AT slide. There must be a reason the KT did not do that. ???

Then again, maybe they just went with the KISS principal. :-/

G

·

KISS?? I missed that one tx... That was going to be my next question to. why not the 32 slide lock ?those two little sucikers are so close in all dimensions etc.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.