Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my p3at and love it! I now feel comfortable carrying concealed. My question is about the safety. I would like to carry with one in the chamber (DUH)! Alot of you said you carry in the pocket and thats where I want to carry. Is the safety such that it won't discharge in my pocket. I'm not familiar with the internal hammer safety!
THANKS!!!

G

·
It won't fire unless you put at least 5# pressure against the trigger. That's why it's strongly suggested not to put anything else in your pocket or carry in a holster instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ll third that!

A good pocket holster will do a number of things for you: cover the trigger; break up the outline of the gun, so as not to ‘print’ and scare the sheeple unnecessarily; keep the pistol oriented upright to make it easier (and safer) to draw; hopefully keep dirt and lint out of the barrel, though your mileage may vary somewhat there; and in some States, keep you out of legal difficulties (in Ohio, you’re allowed to carry concealed in your car, so long as it’s in a holster). I think you get the point. Damn good investment any way you slice it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I highly recommend an Uncle Mike's size #2 in pocket holster. It covers the trigger guard completely unlike the DeSantis Nemesis that is also very popular. That doesn't bother a lot of guys, but the Mike's are like $12 and I feel very safe with it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
And as gets mentioned a LOT I reckon - lol - depending on which State issued your CCW permit and which State you happen to find yourself armed in, a holster is a requirement for concealed carry.

Just my opinion and choice, a pocket holster adds very little extra weight and always using one makes that just one less thing to worry about. As was just nmentioned above, a covered trigger is also a second level of safety with one in the chamber (the only way I carry).

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I first started carrying my P3-AT concealed I had the same concern, so I talked with KT and asked if there ever was an incident where there was an accidental discharge without the trigger actually being pulled (with a round in the chamber), they said there never has been, it's virtually impossible for this to happen based upon the way the firing mechanism is constructed. A fully covered trigger, in a holster, is the only way to go while carrying with a round in the chamber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.