Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

P3AT Range Report/Break-in

827 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lee4019 
#1 ·
Since the .380 ammo shortage I’ve adapted the “shoot what you can buy” approach. I just got a NIB P3AT and started the break-in for it. After breaking it down for a Fluff & Buff I was surprised to see that it already looked like it was done. So did a oil and lube and got it back together. Today I got some Green and Orange paint for the sights and really liked the improvement that made with the sight picture. I got a box of blazer ammo so I had 50 rounds to put through it. Since my supply is Blazer, Remington and Prvi Partizan, I took 20 rnds of each for the break-in. OK I took 10 rnds from the stash I Shot 20 rounds of Prvi first. WOW the recoil was half of what I thought it was going to be. Since it was evening time the muzzle flash was very visible, almost hypnotizing. No problems, then it was Remington and then Blazer. 60 rounds total not one problem. Shot mostly 7 and 10 yrds and kept all shots on 8.5x11, sheets of paper. Gave it a quick brush through and wipe down and put it in the wallet holster. Starting to feel the recoil in my hand now but didn’t feel anything while shooting. This gun is becoming my favorite fast. Another 150 rounds and 30 rnds of defense ammo this gun will be my 24/7 gun. Here’s a pic of my little buddy.

See less See more
#7 ·
nakedtao said:
sounds like you had a better time breaking yours in than i did mine.

here's my report from a week ago:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1248227875
Good Report! i'm surprised your hand wasn't hurting a little after all that shooting! Mine didn't hurt but I could tell I've been shooting. Also a couple of years ago I had bad luck with Wolf ammo and not touched the stuff since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.