Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I'm getting a P3AT, BUT I have a few questions:
1) I can see the "newer" model has that funky extractor thing (I thought it was a belt-clip at first), but is there a certain serial number I should be looking for to make sure it's the latest model?  Is anything after J0... okay?
2) Is the hard-chromed version worth the extra $20-$30 or whatever it cost?  They were asking $309 at the Gun Show, but I'll offer $279.  IS hard-chromed or parkerized the way to go?  I DO live in Florida, but didn't know if these KTs were prone to rust.  Are the parkerized hard to find?  I only saw blued and HC at the gunshow.
3) Anything else I should look for?
THANKS!!!
 - jOE

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
IMO the HC is worth an extra $20 - $30 for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4 on the HC...I didn't know if the parkerized would protect against rust as well or not.
IS the HC as good as "Jack's" nickel plating thing? --that's only like $30 (+shipping) and I like the platinum color.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I also live in Florida. I have had mine with the original factory finish for a couple of years. I carry 24/7 and fire a couple of mags each time I go to the range. I clean it regularly and do not have a rust problem. I was raised with my Dad's threat......."Son never let the sun set on a dirty gun"

PS You can see I did not use the words Dad's advise.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
evi1joe said:
Hey,
I'm getting a P3AT, BUT I have a few questions:
<SNIP>  Are the parkerized hard to find?  I only saw blued and HC at the gunshow.
<SNIP>
 - jOE
Mine is the parkerized version. At the gun show where I bought mine, the parkerized models were the highest priced and I just liked the looks of them better.

I don't see much discussion on these in the forums-- anyone else have any thoughts on parkerized models ??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I like the looks of the Parkerized best.  And Jack's plating, too (that ceracoat looks good too, though I bet it's a LOT more expensive than Jack's coating).

I BOUGHT a plain black, blued P3AT for $259 + tax--it came to $285 (I picked up 2 boxes of Speer GD HP, 1 box of Federal Hydrashok PD HP, and 1 box of American Eagle for $50).  They wanted $299 for the Hard Chromed BLUE bodied P3AT (serial number JG), but $40 bucks seemed like a lot when I like Jack's $30 color better and it's probably just as protective.

I got the grip-pads and wrap last night; and I'm about to order one mag and pinky extension from the KTOGer who sells 'em, and one +1 extension from Kel-tec.  

I'll include a range report tonight or tomorrow (with pics!).  Thanks for all your help!  If I can get this thing apart, I'll check up on that guide-rod hole being thick or thin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
evi1joe said:
Yeah, I like the looks of the Parkerized best.  And Jack's plating, too (that ceracoat looks good too, though I bet it's a LOT more expensive than Jack's coating).

I BOUGHT a plain black, blued P3AT for $259 + tax--it came to $285 (I picked up 2 boxes of Speer GD HP, 1 box of Federal Hydrashok PD HP, and 1 box of American Eagle for $50).  They wanted $299 for the Hard Chromed BLUE bodied P3AT (serial number JG), but $40 bucks seemed like a lot when I like Jack's $30 color better and it's probably just as protective.

I got the grip-pads and wrap last night; and [highlight]I'm about to order one mag and pinky extension from the KTOGer who sells 'em, and one +1 extension from Kel-tec.  [/highlight]
I'll include a range report tonight or tomorrow (with pics!).  Thanks for all your help!  If I can get this thing apart, I'll check up on that guide-rod hole being thick or thin.
I got your package laying right here, I ordered some stuff for my P32 but they shipped P3AT stuff  :(.
Mag, pinky ext, & +1 ext. ;)......Got to send it back to KT tomorrow & exchange it!

Good luck with the P3AT, I will be getting one soon to go with my 2 P32's......can't wait ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.