P3AT prices (P-32, too)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by randyr5, Mar 27, 2009.

1. randyr5

randyr5 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hi, I have been a long time P-11 and P-32 owner.  I went to my local gun shop looking for a P3AT and they had a new blued one for $289.  Plus, they had a used chrome 1st Gen P-32 for $199 and a PF-9 blue for $299.  Are these good prices?  I have been out of the gun buying loop for a while.  Thanks, Randy  

2. badchris

badchris New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Priced some out just last weekend. P32 and P3AT both at $269 for basic blue. LCP was $329. Nothing in stock, but ordering was available.
    Hope this helps...

3. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I paid $240.00 for my grey/blue at a local gun show back in June of last year. This past Dec, I bought 2 new black/blue at a local pawn shop for $250.00 each including taxes. Gave these two to my sons for Christmas. My LGS is asking $330.00 each for back/blue and is not dealing at all. He says take it or leave it....I left it

4. 2thman

2thman New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I bought a like new blued p3at in January for $249. The dealer sold a pf9 on the phone for $300 while I was there. He said he just can't get them and would not negotiate at all, even if I bought a new Smith M&P to go with it. Supply and demand I guess.

5. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    My LGS always has nosebleed prices. Yesterday they were asking $369 for P-3AT blue. And today at Cabelas there was an LCP for $369. The LGS had 2 P-32s (same price as P-3AT), and Cabelas had nothing but the one LCP. Neither one had any 9mm Kel-Tecs. Hope that helps. Oh yeah. Neither of them has any .380 ammo either, and neither does my local WalMart, which I also checked out today. Life is hard. I'm really low on ammo. Just enough left for defense. But that's another story.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Although I'd first offer a little less, I'd snap that up. But then I like 1st gen P32s and hard chrome is a real plus. The other 2 are priced OK - not great. While they can be had for a little less in some areas, people do pay more too. Too, there are people that can't find them at any price where they live.

7. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I just bought my P3AT for 260 just the other day, blued and new...

8. randyr5

randyr5 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Well, I got the P3 yesterday. Traded in a Taurus .38 snub, so my cost out the door was $100+tax. Serial#K4xxx. That should have the newer hammer block, right? It does have the plastic mag catch, so I'll call KT about that. Can't wait to break it down and do some F&B to it. The guy in line behind me was going to buy it, too, so I was lucky.

I'm going back in a couple of days, and if the used HC P-32 is still there, I will grab that, too.

9. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i wish i could find a p3at for under $300.00 here in southeast tennessee. come to think about it under $330.00. the last one i found was $330.00 + tax + state check fee. for some unknown reason here gun prices, ammo prices, and reloading prices have gone sky high, more so than other places. but the bigger problem you can not find one. the one i found for $330.00 had a line of lookers. i would like to have a second one but i am not good to pay the high price for it. even used one are priced around $300.00.

10. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    The only metal mag catch they make is for the PF-9. If you want a metal one for your P3, you'll have to get 20 more posts and order one from DaveNC in the Trading Post.

11. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Paid 260.00 for grey/blue new, so your price for the P3At seems in the ball park. Supply and demand. I can't believe the price difference when it comes to this little mouse gun. BUT I LOVE IT !!

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I guess you guys will think I am nuts (most do). but I paid $375 for mine on Friday. It did come with 2 mags and two pinky extenders, a belt clip and a + one mag extender. Price was OTD. P3AT's are scarcer than hen's teeth around here. I have already been offered my money back from 2 people. LCP's are selling for $400 and up around here too.

13. CONNAUGHT

CONNAUGHT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I bought my second P3AT, a used one in great shape, for $200 last month. I've seen news ones in GA for as much as $499 belive it or not! And I have only seen two in gun stores I frequent over the last several months here in GA.

Have you looked at gunbroker.com? If you have a dealer who will receive it for you, it is a great place in my experience to find guns.

14. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I have looking to buy another P3AT in the greenville s.c area but no luck. They are very scarce at any price. Ammo is also very scarce here. When I bought mine it was 260.00 out the door. That was about a year ago. I would probably pay up to 300.00 for one now.

15. Haku

Haku New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Texas
    I baught my new Ruger LCP last week NIB from the local pawn shop for 289.00 :).  From the same pawn shop I paid 319.00 for my NIB P-32 :eek: So maybe they = each other out and I got a good deal :)

16. randyr5

randyr5 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Although I'd first offer a little less, I'd snap that up.  But then I like 1st gen P32s and hard chrome is a real plus.  The other 2 are priced OK - not great.  While they can be had for a little less in some areas, people do pay more too.  Too, there are people that can't find them at any price where they live.
    [/quote]

I like your thinking.  I went back today and the HC 1st Gen P-32 was still there, so I bought it:

[​IMG]

17. ljhooley

ljhooley New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Obviously I got a great deal. New at the local gun show for $225

18. hump

hump New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Check with Red's gun and pawn. He had some 9's a week or so back and some LCP's

19. txtanut

txtanut New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I went buy Cheaper than dirt today on the way home and they had 2 p3at and wanted 329 ea. Glad I only paid 260 at the guns how.

20. Battlebug

Battlebug New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I bought mine today from my LGS. $249 cash for a blued/black example. Only under the glass for two hours.