P3AT Pocket Holster Recommendations

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mgshn, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mgshn

mgshn New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I got mine yesterday along with most of the indispensable options, laser aiming device, telescopic sights, collapsible shoulder stocks, grenade launcher, bayonet mount.  (Good G*d, a laser to hit a target @ 7'... but, I digress.)*

I'm looking for a (front) pocket holster recommendation.  There are lots of posts that list options and quite a few that talk about experiences of carrying for long periods.  What I am hoping for are recommendations based on good (and bad) experiences from actually drawing the weapon.  I would also love to hear from people who replaced one pocket holster with another and why.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

*While I realize some models of laser reduce imprinting if you put the gun in your pocket w/o a holster my consternation stands. (Besides, you probably shouldn't be putting an unholstered gun in your pocket.)

2. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I don;t have a P3AT (yet) but had Alan @ Aholster (what did you call me? hehe) make a pocket holster for my Glock 27 and can't say enough about his work. It draws very easily but also, due to the slight curve he puts to the outside of the kydex, becomes pretty un-noticeable. If his holster can make the G27 pocket friendly, I imagine the P3AT would outright disappear...

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

You cannot beat the quality and artisanship of a pocket holster from www.kdholsters.com. Kevin supports this board, does great work and makes several styles. There is a wait, however it is worth it.

In the meantime head over to the Trading Post here (as soon as you have 25 posts) and pick up one of the inexpensive pocket holsters from Tommy. They are less than 10$ and are spectacular holsters for the price. They too come in several different models. They are Concealment Concepts Pocket Pals but you can do better getting them here than direct from CC.

There are other good holsters out there, I just happen to believe the above combination is one of the best.

-Scott

4. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I like these JS leather holsters. Cheap and a lifetime warranty, too. They wear in and take on a nice tanned look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mgshn

mgshn New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Scott,

Thanks for the info (and I'm not just saying that to drive up my post count. (Trading post... what trading post?)

I took a look at the two holsters you referenced and I agree that KD's are beautiful and CC provides an outstanding value. I would not have known to look at either without your post.

I'll of course wait for others to comment; giving me other chances to reply and eventually gain entry to what at first appearances is the costco of gun accessories. However, when it comes to things of this sort I tend to favor function over form and appreciate having the opportunity to hear from people who have used this stuff.

Bob

6. mgshn

mgshn New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Gotta tell you, I'm normally a big kydex fan. Just not too sure about having it in my pocket. Still, it's certainly worth considering.

7. PF9Newbie

PF9Newbie New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Galco makes some very nice (and reasonably priced) pocket holsters for the P3AT. They also make a good pocket type for the AT with the Crimson Trace laser-don't know if it would fit any other type laser though.

8. red71

red71 Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Another + for kdholsters, the convertible is very nice!

9. Whamo

Whamo New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Tallpines: Stupid question - Are those left hand or right hand holsters?

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm not TP but those are right handed holsters.  The taller side is made to go OUT to stop printing.  Some holsters (like those from www.KDHolsters.com) make this panel removeable for those that realize after they buy the holster that you really don't need it and they just add to bulk...  Many of us have a drawers full of anti-print panels that never get used anymore even though the related holster does.

Here is a left handed "convertable:"
    [​IMG]

And a right handed with extra mag pouch:
    [​IMG]

-Scott

11. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I highly recommend the "stickopauli" holster made by Paul Burt.  I first came across his holsters on Ebay.  He made me a special holster to fit my P3AT with the Crimson Trace laser. I bought the pocket holster that has a removable flap (snaps) that allow you to use it either in side pocket or in back pocket. Looks just like a wallet in the back pocket.  Top quality, super fast mfg and shipping and an all around great guy to deal with.  You can view his holsters at: stickopauli.com which will link you to his Ebay store.  

12. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Right handed holsters for the right front pocket. The fold away flap on the outside (facing front) reduces printing.

[​IMG]

13. heavyvino

heavyvino New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Right handed holsters for the right front pocket.  The fold away flap on the outside (facing front) reduces printing.

[​IMG][/quote]

So that is what it is for. Wondered what anti print was.

14. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i use the uncle mikes small auto size zero. you can cut the side tab stiching on top and slide a extry mag in. works real well and the price is right.

15. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    It depends on what pocket it's going into that day.
    for pants pocket it will be a nemesis and for the coat pocket it is an uncle mikes.
    I do have a few new ones on the way and i will let you know how they work out.

16. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    i have a CT laser on my P3AT and the holster i use the most is the concealment concepts PocketPal (www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com).  it's an amazing value.  i have 2 PocketPal holsters (the regular holster and one for laser).  both fit the CT laser but the PocketPal built for the Armalaser fits the CT laser a little better... just in case anyone is wondering.

welcome aboard,

kb

17. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Bang for buck, the nemesis is just a fantastic holster for very little money. There are several good ones though like Uncle Mikes, Concealment concepts, Galco, etc. Then in the nicer, fancier realm you have andrew's leather, K&D, etc. Too many good ones out there. You need them all, LOL.

18. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    DeSantis Nemisishas worked well for me, and is cheap on top of it. I have been using something similar to the nemesis to pocket carry mag's when I carry my full size handgun.

19. ebk637

ebk637 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    yep,just got my pocketpal and wallet type pocket holster from them today.
    excellent prices and service.the pocketpal just might take the place of my nemesis.

20. 2thman

2thman New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I use a Nemesis. It does print in my front pocket. I cover the front with a small piece of cardboard, ending just shy of the grip. Anyone else have trouble with this? (Maybe my pants are just too tight).