P3AT + Pocket Carry = Total Concealment!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by lagerbrewer, May 9, 2008.

1. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Been pocket carrying for about a year now and love it. I know new CCW people are sometimes anxious about any method of CCW, worried about people becoming aware that they have a gun or feel like people are staring at your pocket.

If last night wasn't the ultimate test, I don't know what is. Dress pants, short presentation in front of 400 people in 360 degrees including the mayor and secretary of state and their security. Nobody had a clue I had a .380 in my pocket!

New members: feel secure that your secret is safe with your KT and pocket carry!!

2. gsr

gsr Active Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I agree that pocket carry is extrordinarily easy with a P3AT and almost any pocket holster. I've also found that Pocket carry makes being armed much more convenient, which means it happens much more often.

3. george

george Guest

Do not let your P3AT go out with out YOU... ;D
    Geo.

4. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Mousegun380,

What holster do you use, please?

There's one I read about that's supposed to be good. Easy to draw the gun out of it if you need to but it hides the outline of the gun when carried in your front pants pocket. Reasonably priced and of course I can't remember the name of it.

THANKS!

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Not MM but will give some opinions:

Some of the BEST holsters out there are made by K&D (a sponsor of this board); check out www.kdholsters.com and look for his 2 in 1. If you even THINK you MIGHT consider a laser SOMETIME in the future consider getting one made for the laser as you can use it on the pistol with or without the laser attached.

As far as inexpensive, some people really like the Desantis Nemesis which prints too much (IMNSHO) and I just don't plain like it but many do. My preferred non-leather is the www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com pocket pal. It effectively is the same size as the Nemesis, prints less AND lets you hold an extra mag.

Do some looking around here and in "Accessories" and you will see lots of opinions and pictures.

-Scott

6. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Scott,

Thanks so much for the feedback.

( BTW, not to hijack this thread but I was sorry to read about your tragedy. Wish I could contribute to the fund but I'm on disability. I will continue to pray for you. )

Regards,
    Dave

7. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Got my K&D 2in1 this past saturday, GREAT Holster,i love it . But it took about 11 weeks on direct order :)

8. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    You know, I just use a cheap old Mike's Pocket Holster Size 2. It works well. It has some kind of weird exterior that is "sticky" and grabs on to your pocket when you draw. The inside is another weird material that is "slick" and the gun slides across easily. It also has kind of a memory foam effect where it permanently takes on the shape of the gun you use with it. When you're trying to get the whole package out of your pocket, it comes out easily by sticking your hand in there and grabbing the whole thing, but when you want just the gun, the holster stays put.

9. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    You know, I just use a cheap old Mike's Pocket Holster Size 2. It works well. It has some kind of weird exterior that is "sticky" and grabs on to your pocket when you draw. The inside is another weird material that is "slick" and the gun slides across easily. It also has kind of a memory foam effect where it permanently takes on the shape of the gun you use with it. When you're trying to get the whole package out of your pocket, it comes out easily by sticking your hand in there and grabbing the whole thing, but when you want just the gun, the holster stays put.
    [/quote]

I have an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster Size 2 also. It works great, breaks up the outline and is cheap. You can get them on Ebay for about 10 bucks. Even though they're inexpensive they're not cheaply made and work fine.

10. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I totally agree. After a few months, the corners on mine get collapsed a little and it no longer holds the gun upwards in your pocket quite as well. Just time for a new one at that point.

11. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Wow, can I have one of your old ones, LOL. :p

12. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
  13. THE_HUNTER

THE_HUNTER New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I too love the pocket carry that way and we are all so paranoid about bulging pockets but in reality no one even looks as long as it could be a wallet,cellphone etc........

14. finz50

finz50 New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    The wife asked me the other day what I was carrying. I told her my Glock 30 at 4:00 and my Kel-Tec in my left front pocket. She didn't belive me so I showed it to her. I've been carrying it for 2 months or so and she never had a clue-LOL.