P3AT Magazine speed loader

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Celtic_Warrior, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Hi:

New to the site and ownership of a P3AT.

I have looked everywhere on here and the web for a Speed loader for the 380 magazines do any of you old hands know of any thing?

I am thinking about using my P3AT for the shooting portion of my CCW course, which requires 200 to 250rnds. I figure that would work as its break-in and since I'll be carrying it I should be familiar with the weapon after 200 rnds.

The thought of wearing my thumb to the bone, loading the magazines 40 times, is not at all appealing. I have looked at the uplulu but the advertisement says it only works on 9mm and up. One guy here, sorry didn’t get the ID, said it doesn’t work on his .32. The 380 is a 9mil short so it might work but 30 bucks to find out ……

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, this is a great site with a whole bunch of genius’ contributing and it appears that the administrators are full time, they are everywhere which makes the forums really solid.

THX, CW

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Uplula works fine on the .380. Midway seems to be a popular place to get them. The P3AT mags really are not that hard on the thumb.

-Scott

3. Celtic_Warrior

Feb 15, 2009
    Thx

40 magazines in a coulpe of hours seems hard to me and I can strike a match on my hands.

4. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I didn't know it wasn't supposed to work on the .380, so I load my P3-AT mags all the time with it ;-) Works like a charm! Loading 40 of anything in an hour would take a toll on your hands, I think.

5. fastcarsgofast

fastcarsgofast New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    When I'm off to advanced training I always tape my thumb with athletic tape. This keeps it from rubbing raw when loading countless mags.

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Kind of surprised that some folks find it difficult/uncomfortable to load a P3AT magazine.  :-/  Even 200 rounds. But, we are all different, and that's a good thing.

If you own any other automatic handguns, then buy the UPLULA.  It is a great invention and works wonderfully.  I have one and I use it on all of my weapons that have have capacity, double-stack (or 1½ stack) magazines.  I've never used the UPLULA on any of my single stack magazines.

7. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I've put over 200 rounds through my P3AT at one time and had no issues with a sore thumb and the 3AT is all I shot that day. I have over 600 rounds through my LCP with 200 round range sessions for it as well. No sore thumb even with the +1 KT mag extension on my LCP. But if you would feel better with a speed loader, then more power to you.

Good luck on your qualifying. You'll love carrying your P3AT. I know I do.

8. Celtic_Warrior

Feb 15, 2009
    Yeah I know but I haven't thumb loaded that many rounds in a long time.  Plus after years of abuse to myself, Arthur has taken up residence in my hands.

Worse yet with a blown shoulder and recently broken collarbone and shoulder blade, darn those motorcycles, I’ll be making a rotating holster that I can wear on my strong side for training and weak side, for cross draw, while on that darned motorcycle.  I know all about the bad stuff with a cross draw but a right-handed draw from a high hip placement may not happen, when I need it, with the bum shoulder.

9. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    UPLULA works great on the P3AT mags. And PF9, G19 and P90

10. glove

glove New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Ohio
    + 1 on the Uplula works great on all pistol mags.
    Dave Z