Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used the 1 round mag. extension. If so how well does it work??
The extra length would be good but but extra capacity base pads on other guns do not always work well.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
i have 2 in my parts box, if that means anything.

I defer to Wilson, who likes the NAA extension, while providing NO extra round capacity.

mine came apart at the range, both of them, and therefore they sit in my box.

if you want them, pay shipping their yours. They are doing me no good.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
3x9mmcpl said:
HIf so how well does it work
I think that a mousegun should not only function well but should look good. I have inherited two +1 extensions. One is in pieces and the other is used to demonstrate ugly. For myself, they fail to provide the control offered by the hook shape of the NAA or Bersa extensions. No the hook will not catch on your pocket when the pistol is removed, as it hooks the other direction. In fact, it provides a better grip when pulling the pistol.

Wilson – who’s taking a neutral position on the +1 extension ::)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two of them, they help get another finger on the grip and like the extra round at the range, however they are very unatractive, function over form perhaps. I still use the standard mag when the smallest print is necessary and truth be known like it better for carry.

Never had a properly assembled extension malfunction after hundreds of rounds. They are a real pain in the A** to assemble, easy to not get it right.

I should point out a problem that I had. It is important to have the sharp end of the spring on the long side of the follower. (one side is open). The instructions do not deal with this. I did not pay attention and the pointed end of the spring slipped between the follower and mag body binding it up. Once fixed, it worked fine.

Whitebeard

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have the +1 extensions on one of my P3AT mags and one each on two of the family P32s. They do require careful assembly and I always chamfer the rear of the magazine well on all the guns. We have had no problems with any of them. I tried the NAA extensions (2) for a while one of them stock and the other ground down to a smaller profile. They were OK, certainly better than nothing, and for some hand sizes they may be superior but we preferred the +1. I don't see that much more bulk to the +1 over the NAA and you get the extra round. I never show anyone my hidout guns so appearance isn't a factor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.