P3AT + LG430 = one happy shooter

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by doubloon, Apr 5, 2008.

1. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Well, obviously my 30 ft accuracy needs a little work but not near as much as my 45 ft. ;)

This was the first chance I had to take my new little LG430 to the range and I'm quite pleased.
    Installed it as instructed and did not make a single adjustment for windage or elevation, what you see is what I got right out of the box.

For those of you who don't know I picked this little beauty up from Chuck over at Shooters Resource http://www.shooters-resource.com/. He sells nothing but CTC products as far as I know and I haven't seen better prices anywhere.

Anyway, here are the range results, all shooting was done in a two handed "weaverish" stance. These were the last 21 shots of the day after putting about 150 rounds through the P3.

7 shots from 21 ft at about 2" CTC
    7 shots from 30 ft at about 4.25" CTC
    7 shots from 45 ft at about 8.5" CTC

If you throw out only one of the stragglers in each group the results look even better.

Man I love those KelTec guns.

Click for bigger on both

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pahandgunner

pahandgunner New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I didn't get to shoot mine much before it had to go back because of the peened slide issue but I was also very impressed with the accuracy using the laser. I'm not exagerating, I got a 3 1/2" 7 shoot group at 20yds. Hope its as accurate when I get it back. :)

3. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    It's a great combo! I was surprised at the accuracy and ease of attaching the CTC. I got mine from Shooters as well, very nice people to deal with.
    Norton

4. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Dammit! Do you know what this thing would do to my holster collection? ;D

Seriously, thanks for bringing these new (to me anyway) lasers to KTOGers attention. Aging eyes equals some signs of less-than-satisfactory accuracy with the mini Kel Tecs. I can't let it slip too much further and carry with confidence. A laser seems to be a viable option.

Regards,
    Lynnsky

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  6. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    3.5" at 20 yards would be impressive indeed considering some of the professionals struggle for 1.5" groups from a ransom rest at 25 yards with the P226 X-Five

7. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Looks great to me!  As far as I'm concerned, only the 7 yard (21 feet) group is really important.  According to law enforcement stats, over 90 percent of defensive shootouts take place at 7 yard or less.  

8. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Agreed! The 30 and 45 footers were a limit test only.

The CHL here in Texas tests out to 21 ft, I think in a court you'd have trouble proving much of anything beyond that distance was self defense and not hunting.

Also, 21 ft works out to be a good approximation of the maximum distance from the bedroom to either the front door down the hall or the back door though the living room.

9. pahandgunner

pahandgunner New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    No question the guns are actually quite accurate, you just normally can't tell because of the sights. Anyone thinking about a laser needs to remember they they are not very/no good in bright daylight. You need to practice with and without it and not get to dependent on it.