Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2nd Gen P3AT from a friend who bought it brand new and fired exactly 6 rounds through it before selling it. I even got the other 44 rds of ammo from that box. I have since fired approximately another 200 rds through it in a futile attempt to "break it in". No dice, it jams like crazy. I have never, ever owned a pistol that jammed this often.

What the pistol is suffering is either nose-down failure-to-feeds or nose-up failure-to-feeds. If the gun fires it extracts and ejects the cases just fine. I have field-stripped it twice to clean and lube it and even filed off the case-hit burr on the frame opposite the ejector. No dice, it still suffers either a nose-down or nose-up jam, about once, if not more often, per magazine. So far I have shot nothing but FMJ through it (Magtech, S&B, Prvi Partisan and Winchester) but I shudder to think how it might choke on JHP ammo when I really need it. All rounds have been fired through factory magazines, both original 6rd capacity and factory mags with the factory +1 floor plate extension installed.

I love my S2K carbine to death, but this P3AT inspires absolutely NO faith in me at all. I would not trust it at all. Can anyone offer up some help?

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.