P3AT jams just about every magazine

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by eric10mm, Oct 25, 2009.

1. eric10mm

eric10mm New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    I bought a 2nd Gen P3AT from a friend who bought it brand new and fired exactly 6 rounds through it before selling it. I even got the other 44 rds of ammo from that box. I have since fired approximately another 200 rds through it in a futile attempt to "break it in". No dice, it jams like crazy. I have never, ever owned a pistol that jammed this often.

What the pistol is suffering is either nose-down failure-to-feeds or nose-up failure-to-feeds. If the gun fires it extracts and ejects the cases just fine. I have field-stripped it twice to clean and lube it and even filed off the case-hit burr on the frame opposite the ejector. No dice, it still suffers either a nose-down or nose-up jam, about once, if not more often, per magazine. So far I have shot nothing but FMJ through it (Magtech, S&B, Prvi Partisan and Winchester) but I shudder to think how it might choke on JHP ammo when I really need it. All rounds have been fired through factory magazines, both original 6rd capacity and factory mags with the factory +1 floor plate extension installed.

I love my S2K carbine to death, but this P3AT inspires absolutely NO faith in me at all. I would not trust it at all. Can anyone offer up some help?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Try some grease on the rails and hammer interface and polish the feed ramp and exterior of the barrel. If that doesn't do it, send it in to KT for them to take a look at it.