Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the accessories board, but I went with here, move it if you please.

What I'm looking for is a little slim iwb holster for my p3at. I've got a great pocket holster (k&d 2in1 and nemsis), but I'm just looking for some flexibility in carry style here.

I like the looks of Split decision from highnoonholsters. The price looks good for what you're getting. I'm not sure what else is out there, I did a little research on here, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I really would prefer something I could use v-clips on, just because it's a little cleaner look, although it won't be my determining factor.

thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PackinPastor said:
Have you seen the IWB from K&D?  I have a "Mini-IWB Defender" on order for my P3AT equipped with an Armalaser. http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html
I don't know why I didn't think of that.  That might be perfect for me.  They don't offer vclips, but it appears to use standard kydex clips like my tucker texas heritage for another gun. I bet I could just get some additional vclips from somewhere and put them on.

How do you like that particular holster?  Comfortable, solid, tuckable?

G

·
jdeere_man said:
[quote author=PackinPastor link=1189619595/0#1 date=1189626976]Have you seen the IWB from K&D?  I have a "Mini-IWB Defender" on order for my P3AT equipped with an Armalaser. http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html
How do you like that particular holster?  Comfortable, solid, tuckable?[/quote]

Don't know yet as it's "on order." Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PackinPastor said:
[quote author=jdeere_man link=1189619595/0#2 date=1189628083][quote author=PackinPastor link=1189619595/0#1 date=1189626976]Have you seen the IWB from K&D?  I have a "Mini-IWB Defender" on order for my P3AT equipped with an Armalaser. http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html

Don't know yet as it's "on order."  Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.[/quote]

How long has it been ordered? I see they indicated a lead time of 14-16 weeks currently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a FIST +1 for mine. It's a very think Kydex and has an adjustable cant. I really never carried my P3AT in it even though, like you, I wanted flexibility. It just feels silly to me to carry such a tiny gun IWB. I only carry my P3AT in a pocket holster anymore...

·
Registered
345 Posts
My KD Mini-IWB gets worn more than any other holster I own. Very comfy for extended wear.

Even though I don't have a PF9 yet, the other day I ordered a KD Cochise Defender rough side out with brown shark trim for the PF9 I will buy between now and new years when the new holster is expected. :)

G

·
jdeere_man said:
[quote author=PackinPastor link=1189619595/0#5 date=1189630960][quote author=jdeere_man link=1189619595/0#2 date=1189628083][quote author=PackinPastor link=1189619595/0#1 date=1189626976]Have you seen the IWB from K&D?  I have a "Mini-IWB Defender" on order for my P3AT equipped with an Armalaser. http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html

Don't know yet as it's "on order."  Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.[/quote]

How long has it been ordered?  I see they indicated a lead time of 14-16 weeks currently.[/quote]

One week down, 13-15 to go. I have modified a Law Concealment Systems holster that I was using for IWB. When I put the Armalaser on wouldn't fit. Now it does. I also use a SmartCarry which works very well except for tight jeans. I ordered the K&D to fit w/Armalaser and one of their pocket holster too. Patience everyone.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I carry 24/7 and I thought IWB would be the main way to go.  I LOVE my K&D mini IWB for the P3AT - but I never rarely use it.  Either pocket carry or smartcarry have become my preferred carry for NO chance of being made.  NO IWB can offer that.  

What I will suggest is that the high noon - which I also have - is easily tuckable but the flap is really flimsy and does not hold the holster nearly as steady as the K&D for drawing. Added for clarity: I truly never use the high noon and would not recommend it. But then it is hard to recommend any leather product after having seen the artwork that K&D puts out.

-Scott

·
Registered
726 Posts
adamsesq said:
What I will suggest is that the high noon - which I also have - is easily tuckable but the flap is really flimsy and does not hold the holster nearly as steady as the K&D for drawing.
-Scott
Thanks Scott for the info about the Highnoon holster. I was thinking about one as I ALWAYS wear a shirt (even t-shirts) tucked in (except sweatshirts, of course).

And, welcome back Scott..................

wyo-man

G

·
While waiting for my "Mini-Defender" from K&D, I decided to modify a LAW Concealment systems holster that I used to carry an FEG in.  (Traded it for the P3AT.)  It was actually OK before I put the Armalaser on but then I needed to change the stitching to make it fit.  Before the mod it worked great in a variety of configurations, canted, straight drop, cross draw, behind the hip, SOB.  I think its a very good "make do till the one you're having made comes" kind of holster.  Here's some pics to show the modification.

Before ...

... and after.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.