P3AT IWB holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jdeere_man, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the accessories board, but I went with here, move it if you please.

What I'm looking for is a little slim iwb holster for my p3at. I've got a great pocket holster (k&d 2in1 and nemsis), but I'm just looking for some flexibility in carry style here.

I like the looks of Split decision from highnoonholsters. The price looks good for what you're getting. I'm not sure what else is out there, I did a little research on here, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I really would prefer something I could use v-clips on, just because it's a little cleaner look, although it won't be my determining factor.

thanks for your thoughts.

2. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

3. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't know why I didn't think of that.  That might be perfect for me.  They don't offer vclips, but it appears to use standard kydex clips like my tucker texas heritage for another gun. I bet I could just get some additional vclips from somewhere and put them on.

How do you like that particular holster?  Comfortable, solid, tuckable?

4. FLA2760

FLA2760 Active Member

Aug 22, 2005
  5. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    It's not listed for the P3at, but would the deminsions be close enough to accomodate a p3at in that holster if I wanted it to?

6. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

How do you like that particular holster?  Comfortable, solid, tuckable?[/quote]

Don't know yet as it's "on order." Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.

7. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007

Don't know yet as it's "on order."  Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.[/quote]

How long has it been ordered? I see they indicated a lead time of 14-16 weeks currently.

8. xcop1105

xcop1105 New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    using the don hume p3at and p32 fit same holster. fairly satisfied.

9. glocksandkahrs

glocksandkahrs New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    I have a FIST +1 for mine. It's a very think Kydex and has an adjustable cant. I really never carried my P3AT in it even though, like you, I wanted flexibility. It just feels silly to me to carry such a tiny gun IWB. I only carry my P3AT in a pocket holster anymore...

10. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    My KD Mini-IWB gets worn more than any other holster I own. Very comfy for extended wear.

Even though I don't have a PF9 yet, the other day I ordered a KD Cochise Defender rough side out with brown shark trim for the PF9 I will buy between now and new years when the new holster is expected. :)

11. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

Don't know yet as it's "on order."  Believe me, when it comes in I'll post a review.[/quote]

How long has it been ordered?  I see they indicated a lead time of 14-16 weeks currently.[/quote]

One week down, 13-15 to go. I have modified a Law Concealment Systems holster that I was using for IWB. When I put the Armalaser on wouldn't fit. Now it does. I also use a SmartCarry which works very well except for tight jeans. I ordered the K&D to fit w/Armalaser and one of their pocket holster too. Patience everyone.

12. gendun

gendun New Member

Dec 21, 2006
  13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I carry 24/7 and I thought IWB would be the main way to go.  I LOVE my K&D mini IWB for the P3AT - but I never rarely use it.  Either pocket carry or smartcarry have become my preferred carry for NO chance of being made.  NO IWB can offer that.  

What I will suggest is that the high noon - which I also have - is easily tuckable but the flap is really flimsy and does not hold the holster nearly as steady as the K&D for drawing. Added for clarity: I truly never use the high noon and would not recommend it. But then it is hard to recommend any leather product after having seen the artwork that K&D puts out.

-Scott

14. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Thanks Scott for the info about the Highnoon holster. I was thinking about one as I ALWAYS wear a shirt (even t-shirts) tucked in (except sweatshirts, of course).

And, welcome back Scott..................

wyo-man

15. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

While waiting for my "Mini-Defender" from K&D, I decided to modify a LAW Concealment systems holster that I used to carry an FEG in.  (Traded it for the P3AT.)  It was actually OK before I put the Armalaser on but then I needed to change the stitching to make it fit.  Before the mod it worked great in a variety of configurations, canted, straight drop, cross draw, behind the hip, SOB.  I think its a very good "make do till the one you're having made comes" kind of holster.  Here's some pics to show the modification.

Before ...
    [​IMG]

... and after.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]