P3AT is the one...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by antiacus, Dec 19, 2010.

1. antiacus

antiacus New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    After trying out a couple other examples of pocket 380's and lots of practice with the KT, it's going in my pocket.

I'm at about 500 rds now of everything from Corbon DPX to the cheapest crap i could find, with zero malfunction of any kind. The Glock 23 is still primary for hunting/fishing/backpacking trips, but EDC will be this little beasty.

I will say that i loved the ergonomics of the Taurus TCP but it went away when i couldn't make it reliable even after the break-in period and some fluff & buff. I was getting both FTF's & FTE's once every 3-4 magazines regardless of ammunition where the P3AT is 100% reliable and 100% omnivorous.

So, i was thinking of starting off by getting an extra mag, the Hogue handall jr, and the pocket pal holster.
    http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/pocket_holster.html

Anyone have experience with this holster, and if so, am i restricted to a 6rd mag for my spare or can i get something bigger or with a pinky extension?

On a side-note, the pistol fits pretty well in a maxpedition rat pack wallet, which attaches to your belt via velcro. I really like this setup but it's not ideal 100% of the time.

[​IMG]

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Congrats and welcome to the forum. I love my P3AT too. It's my American Express card. ;)

3. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
  4. Represent316

Represent316 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The above is the set-up i have for my P3AT, And i love it. 16 rounds available in a pocket sized pistol? whats not to like.

[​IMG]

5. papa

papa New Member

Feb 25, 2010
  6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No! They work exceptionally well and I have several each in 32, 380 and 9/40 cal.

7. Represent316

Represent316 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    No problems out of mine neither. Gives me +1round, as well as +1 finger on the grip, yet is still very easy to carry concealed and feeds perfectly.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Kel-tec needs to make one for the PF9. It is way overdue.

9. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Amen, Dale. KT acts like the PF-9 owners are a redheaded stepchildren. Look at all the extras for their other guns including night sights for the P-11 while we PF-9 folks are left in the cold.

10. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I like your maxpedition, it looks very sharp and practical

I really was disappointed with nylon pocket holsters.  They shed fine holster particles which get on the gun and possible inside it. Also, they get ratty with very little use.  A good fitting leather holster is the ultimate scabbard,  protecting the trigger from any movement.  RKBA holsters are a real bargain, providing custom made holster according to your specs for a low price and  he only charges $2.50 for postage. His quality is quite good which is a good thing since your little PAT is most likely going to get a lot of pocket time. I have looked at other pocket holsters but they are not properly designed and do no work as well.
    You can carry a spare mag in a small nylon or leather knife pouch and take advantage of the smallness of the 3AT instead of  having a magazine with the pistol, increasing size o lump in your pocket.

Here is the web site for RKBA:  http://www.rkbaholsters.com/index.htm

11. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Amen, Dale. KT acts like the PF-9 owners are a redheaded stepchildren. Look at all the extras for their other guns including night sights for the P-11 while we PF-9 folks are left in the cold.[/quote]
    Now it could be that they found out that we are a CZ-82 collectors and are just jealous!