P3AT in North Central Fla

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mike, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    I have a P-11 but wanted smaller for the hot weather down here. After considering options (LCP, PF9, P3AT) I've settled on the P3AT. Problem is they are not easy to find and are overpriced in my area (300+ blue steel/black). I'm located about an hour north of Tampa. Anyone know of a dealer not too far away? Don't mind driving an hour or so.

Mike
    Homosassa, FL

2. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I feel your pain! All Kel-Tecs seem to be overpriced in Florida. You might want to just purchase a P-3AT from an online seller and pay for shipping and the FFL transfer fee. You'll save the Florida 6% sales tax and probably can save a few dollars on top of that!

You should be able to find, with a bit of searching, a P-3AT for as little as $225 from an online dealer (I've seen them lower but not in a long time).

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    I know what you mean. I am in the Fl panhandle and the price around here is $300 to $350. Got one at a gun show about a month ago for $285. Still high but I found it and decided not to wait. Figured trying to find one online plus shipping and FFL fees would probably be about the same or not much less. Just have to figure out which way is best for you.

John

4. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Well shipping & FFL fee should be about $50 to $60. Therefore if you find a local P-3AT for $285 it will be $302.10 after tax.

If you get a $225 P-3AT online you it should be yours for about $275/$280 at most, if bought online.

So it all depends on whether or not you want to save 25 dollars (possibly more) by shopping online and waiting or making an impulse buy at your local fun store.

5. P45inMYpocket

P45inMYpocket New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Go to the gun show in tampa this month. You will find them for 249 new at most.

6. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    Not fond of the online deal cause I like to look at an item I'm going to buy. I may have to make an exception in this case. Some FFL's around here charge $50 for a transfer. The gun show sounds like a good idea but I may have to be out of State that weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.

7. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    At the recent gun show in Lakeland, Florida, I saw N.I.B. PF-9s for as low as $249. Also saw them for $100 more than that price. There is a big show in Orlando this weekend, but that's kinda a "fur piece" from Homosassa. I don't recall P3-AT prices, but I don't see as they could be all that much different.

8. markboss

markboss New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    B & H Gunrack, in Merritt Island, on the east coast, usually has them in stock....at a good price..

9. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    http://www.gunshows-usa.com/florida_gun_shows.htm

Look for them at a gun show and talk 'em down. there's not much selection in Homosassa. The only gun range/shop I can remember (Kane's) closed down maybe 10 years ago. Oh, and say hi to my dad for me if you see him! :D

10. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Down here in West Palm Beach, no dealer has them found one and they were asking 350 for it, went to the gun show and bought a brand new one for 260 + tax.

11. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm following up on some leads and will hit a gun show or two this month. Terrible how this money is burning a hole in my pocket now that I've decided to spend it. Must learn patience.

Thanks Again,

Mike

12. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    B&H Gunrack, great price and instock. Spent a couple of days on the beach while I was at it.

S/N JWVXX, will hit the range next week.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike

13. 2manytoyz

2manytoyz New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Good thing you got it when you did. B&H and On Target sell out as fast as they get them in. To make matters more fun, now the .380 ammo is very difficult to find!

14. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I got lucky when I bought my P3 about 4 mo ago. I looked at them at the Ft Lauderdale gun show but didn't seem to 'connect' with the seller....tho the price was pretty good at $285 - with tax it would be $302. Ended up I went to my regular range/dealer (Guns and Knives/Arizona Range on Ste Rd 7 in Lauderhill) and he had 4 of them at the time (black on black). I paid $310 + tax but walked out with it cause I have a carry permit. They also had ammo, holster etc. So I one stop service. A bit more? Yeah, but good experience.

Re the lack of .380 ammo. Ain't it the truth? I've waited nearly a month to get Golden Saber and Corbon from Midway and Mid South still hasn't shipped my Buffalo Bore. But...I keep up with practice by reloading my empties and the range has bags of 200 once fired for $12. There are plenty of bullets out there with no waiting. Sounds like more people need to do their own loading??!! :D

Cheers, Shurshot1