p3at in a trade?? should I?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kjhilsinger, Feb 19, 2009.

1. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I have a springfield xd9 that I have been thinking about getting rid of. I was wondering what you guys thought about this trade offer:

hard chrome p3at w/2 mags, belt clip, zip up case, and some ammo and a stainless beretta bobcat 21a w/2 mags.

Looking at prices online, this seems like a pretty good trade in my favor, but I don't know much about the p3at or the bobcat. I own a p-11 and I love it, and from what I have read on here everyone likes their 3ats quite a bit, but I want some opinions on this trade offer.

both guns are in great shape

2. badfishy

badfishy New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    i would pass, but thats just me.

3. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    would you mind explaining?

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    keep the xd, spend 250.00 for the used p3at, and pass on the beretta clunker.

5. badfishy

badfishy New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    the 21a isnt very "in demand" its been eclipsed by many other b.u.g.s in better calibers, that are same size/smaller...and there are many better plinkers....and the p3at doesn't hold it's value near what a xd will.

again, just my opinion....if you want 2 mouse guns, go for it.

6. badfishy

badfishy New Member

Jul 6, 2008

you said it better than i could.  ;D

i agree 100%

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Heck, new P3ATs can be had for $250 around here. As was said, I would keep the XD and buy a P3AT. The little Beretta isn't good for much. It's too small for a decent target/plinker pistol and too impotent for regular SD use.

8. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Sell the XD, buy a P3at (must have for concealed carry), spend the remaining money on an extra P3at magazine, pocket holster and ammo.

Or, make the trade and then try to sell the Beretta.

9. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Does anyone know what a used stainless beretta 21a is worth? I know new they sell for like $340. If I could get $250 out of it then monitairily, I would be ahead.

10. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    You would be lucky to get $140 out of the Beretta at a gun shop. I had one (for the wife), it was as ammo finicky as it gets, would only shoot stingers and nothing else reliably. Like everyone has said, pass, save up and buy a used or new P3AT.

11. fastcarsgofast

fastcarsgofast New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Pass on it. Keep the bigger 9 and get a used P3AT for a back up or CCW piece. JMHO

12. badfishy

badfishy New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    u might be able to get 200 for it at a gunshow, not to a dealer....if you held firm.

if you were trying to sell for 150-175, it would sell quickly at a show. [selling to a private party face to face]

13. ret2go99

ret2go99 New Member

Feb 20, 2009
    PASS...just keep the XD, leave it in the car for those times you might need it and find you a good $200.00 P3AT
    Best of all you will have added another gun to the collection....and you can never have to many...

14. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    One variable here is that it may be hard to find another p3at new or used in your area. In that case I would go with the trade. IMHO the p3at cannot be beat when it comes to pocket carry for the money.

15. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I haven't seen a single one for sale in my area. The only thing close that I have seen was a p32 that had absolutely nothing special done to it or that came with it that sold for $325.

16. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
  17. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Buy it now is $325, which means the reserve is probably close to $300, plus an extra 4% because I would pay with credit (don't like mailing money orders, plus the ffl fees.

18. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    You are probably correct. I looked at it to see if I wanted to buy it, but I don't think so.

19. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Dang I missed the fact that it had a reserve, I pretty much never bid on anything with a reserve price. I don't understand why people don't just start the auction at the lowest price they will take for their item.

CJ

20. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I am not sure about gunbroker, but i know on other auction sites, sometimes it costs more in listing fees to start the price higher than it does to put a reserve on the item.