Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife`s edc is a P3AT

She was carrying it in her purse in a wallet holster for quite a while, all the while I kept telling her to get it out of her purse

She takes it out of her purse if she is alone walking through a parking lot and slips it in her back pocket, I told her ok as long as you do that

We finally found one that she likes and she is now wearing it on her all the time with this holster from Tagua
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEL-TEC-P-3...313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c2a8f5a9

If my edc was a P3AT, I would get one of these holsters, they are very comfy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice holster!!

If she likes to carry with a paddle holster see if she likes something with a little more "pop". There are some small .40mm's and 9's out there that are very light for consealed/open side carry. For instance the Glock 26/27 or the Kahr CM9/40. Those weapons definitely have more firepower and are considerably less painful to shoot.

IMHO the P3AT is great for the purse, ankle or pocket.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice holster!!

If she likes to carry with a paddle holster see if she likes something with a little more "pop". There are some small .40mm's and 9's out there that are very light for consealed/open side carry. For instance the Glock 26/27 or the Kahr CM9/40. Those weapons definitely have more firepower and are considerably less painful to shoot.

IMHO the P3AT is great for the purse, ankle or pocket.
Been there, done it, she has went through a PF9, P11, Glock 17, Glock 19,
S&W 642 Airweight, she settled on the P3AT

One of them messed up her coach purse, women dont play that game when it comes to messing up their purses, believe me

The larger ones in the list she wouldnt carry at all, which in my opinion are not large but anyways, she said they were too bulky or too heavy

Women are very picky with what they will and will not carry, It cost me over to 2k in guns to find this out, but that`s cool I ended up with a few more in the safe and to lay in key places in the house

I finally got her to carry it on her everywhere she goes, so Im gonna leave well enough alone

She has plenty to choose from at home that are larger, she has the know how and is not afraid to use them

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of them messed up her coach purse, women dont play that game when it comes to messing up their purses, believe me
Boy do I hear ya!!! My wife is just starting with carrying a pistol. She came into my gun room when I was cleaning my 4006 Smith and smelled the Hoppes across the room. She too ONLY carries Coach purses ( I have to pay for em ) and WILL not have that "stinch" in her purse. Believe me when I say I understand!! So I bought some Hoppes Elite and Tetra Gun Grease to keep the odor down LOL.

And I hear ya about trying different things. The wife wants to carry in her purse ( for now ) she may migrate to other things in the future. The P3AT I purchased was for her. However, with all of the trouble we have had with it she says she will never trust it even though we have it running now.

So now we have a Kahr CM9 that we are going to take to the range this weekend. She has put about 150 rounds through my dads and fell in love with it so as YOU surely understand we bought one.

So for me --- A wife with Coach Purses and trust in a non-stinky weapon = Kahr CM9, Desantis pocket holster, Desantis Paddle holster ( for the range for now ) Hoppes Elite and Tetra gun grease. :eek:

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Remora makes some nice holsters that work for IWB and pocket. They work well for the ladies because you don't need a belt to wear one IWB. I have one for my P3at and it really works nicely.

·
Registered
67 Posts
bullseye,

What is the ride height on that particular holster? My wife is interested since the suggestion comes from another member's wife! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts