P3AT high capacity magazine

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by glenspalding, Oct 6, 2007.

1. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    :D

Has anyone heard of KT planning to make a high capacity mag for the P3AT. Not the extension, but a true high cap mag like they have for the P32?

2. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      No, I have no knowledge of such a thing. I HAVE thought about making a +2 extension though. I wonder if there would be a market for it?

Packer.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I have no idea why they have never made a mag like the P32 10 rounder. It would probably be a 9 rd mag giving a 10 rd total capacity. There are quite a few folks that do not pocket carry the P3AT and would benefit from the full grip and extra rounds. Plus it would be a good range mag for pocket carriers. :-/

4. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I think there is a thread here somewhere by a member who made his own hi-cap for his P3-AT.

PshootR

5. jocko

jocko Guest

would really make a great range magazine. +1 on that :cool:

6. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Packer,

That would be interesting, 9 + 1 in the pipe would work great for me.  With my build I have no problem carrying my P32 with the 10 round mag.  It would be nice to have that capacity in the P3AT ;D

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Has any one tried the Walther PP high capacity (15 rnd) to see if it would fit/function? A notch might need to be cut since I believe the Walther has a heel catch.

8. Powerkicker

Powerkicker New Member

May 31, 2007
    I don't see the point of a hi-cap for this gun if it makes it more bulky. If I must carry more bulk, I'd as soon carry a bigger, more-powerful gun.

9. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    I don't say much but I agree with PK.

10. glenspalding

glenspalding New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Even with a +2 extension it would still be smaller than almost anything out there.

11. evi1joe

evi1joe New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    +1 on the +2 idea. :eek:)

I have one +1 extension, but I REALLY don't like the shape of it--it slants back too much and makes the gun a bit too big for some of my pockets. It seems TOO BIG for just +1 to me. (note: IMO, the pinky extensions for normal mags slant forward a bit too much--it cramps my pinky if I try to get it on the grip--so I'm going to sand mine down a bit and give my pinky a less cramped spot to *try* to hold onto.)

I just think it would be nice to have a +2 extension that was the same size OR slightly larger than the current +1, that also had a slight forward slant to it (as opposed to backwards)...and that would give us 9 rounds (one more than the larger/heavier sig232 and PPK). Sure, it wouldn't be as pocket-friendly, BUT it would still fit better than most any of the competition (sig232, PPK, PM9, etc), and it would be super comfortable in a holster.

12. That Member would be me!

Here is a pic with the 9 rounder on one of mine:
    [​IMG]

Here is the DIY link:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1176394771/10#10