P3AT FTE

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dbracin, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dbracin

dbracin New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    I was having problems with failures to eject. I emailed Kel-Tec and they sent me a new extractor, spring and bolt. I performed a major polishing of the feed ramp and inside the chamber. Hand cycling several mags worth if ammo and every thing appears to be working smoothly. I'll have time this weekend to run some live rounds thru it. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. By the way, this is my 6th Kel-Tec pistol.

2. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    I had the same problem with my P3AT when I bought it.

KT sent me a new extractor but it didn't help, so I wound up sending it back to them for repair. When I got it back, it had a new barrel and slide...and it has worked perfectly so far!

Good luck!

3. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    How many rounds have you guys put through them so far? Around 200 and they are considered broken in. Many, including myself, do a Fluff and Buff just to help the process and save a little bit of ammo. Keep in mind that some guns are picky about what ammo they like and these little pocket poppers are certainly no exception to that rule. Try different brands and stick to FMJ ammo during the break in phase as those tend to feed easier. As far as ejection goes, check that everything is tightened up and that you aren't using Wolf steel cased ammo or CCI blazers with the aluminum casings. Those two cause bad ju-ju.

4. dbracin

dbracin New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    This was bought used, so the round count is unknown. I'll put a few rounds thru i today. I feel good that the polishing I did will resolve the issues. My 76 YO father will be carrying this one once it is reliable. ;)

5. dbracin

dbracin New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Success!  :) No failure to eject issues yesterday. I believe polishing the inside of the chamber and the new extractor resolved the issue. The new extractor had a sharper "claw".  I used 5 different mags, 3 different brands of ammo and 2 different shooters. No problems of any kind were encountered. I think this one is ready to carry.

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Something like this
    [​IMG]