P3AT FTE

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Brake_Weight, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    I'm new here, and I've read at least 4 threads here discussing this problem. But I think my problem is different than the others. Most of the issues I've read are related to the spring. I've fluffed and buffed the crap out of it. I've even polished and blued the barrel. It functioned flawlessly for several months. I leave it in my truck while I'm at work and in the deep south, it gets hot. Dangerously hot in a vehicle. One day, it won't kick out the spent brass. I have to pry the spent casings out with my Swiss Army. It still has such a grip on them I can't dig them out with my finger. It won't shuck the shells by firing, and it won't do it when I work the slide by hand.

One day it works, the next it doesn't. After each shooting session I clean and oil it before putting it to bed in its holster.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

a question first...are you saying an unfired case gets stuck in the chamber :eek:
    for the firing and sticking. is it possible there is some residual lube in the chamber or on the rounds that is geting tacky while cooking in the car
    the next though is the chamber has expanded and the cases are flaring in the chamber. Did you polish the chamber?

3. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    Last time I shot it, I cleaned it, oiled it, and put it in bed until I need it. It's sat in it's leather holster in my door pocket, in my pocket, and in the door pocket(this cycle happens every time I go anywhere for the last month or so).

I take it out to shoot yesterday and I load one(I keep JHP in the shorter mag, and FMJ in the 9 rounder). I shoot it and it loads another. I shoot that one and the slide is half open. I inspect further to find a jammed casing. I try to pull the slide back to make it eject and it won't. I have to dig it out. I attempt to cycle some FMJ by hand and the same issue. They will not eject. I can chamber one, remove the magazine, and try to make the chambered cartridge eject by working the slide and it won't do anything except go right back into the chamber. The extractor will not let go of the casing. I've polished the entire barrel front to back and inside out. Even blued it. That's not the issue. For some reason the extractor will not let go. I've emailed KelTec, but it is a holiday weekend. This is not good. It was in perfect working condition when I put it up. Although, I'm thinking the heat got to it. I've left a CZ 70 as well as my XD45 in hotter conditions for longer, they are different brands/sizes/styles. I just want a cause and a fix.

4. Cheap_Shot

Cheap_Shot Active Member

Mar 18, 2011
    WI
    If the extractor is not letting go, is the ejector damaged or missing?

5. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    Missing. I glued that thing down after my first two disassembles and forgot about it. I guess it's come out to remind me.

6. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    I've gone onto the KelTec website to order a new ejector and it's priced at $5.50 including shipping. So I go to check out and it becomes $17.50. They suck. Any reliable/trustworthy sites that may be open over the holiday.

7. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Call them when they're open and they'll send you one for free.

8. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    Scoured the area around my work bench and found it. Good to go now. All that fuss and it was right here, just had to look some...a lot. I'm not gonna glue it back down this time so that I won't have some false belief that it'll stay there forever. Still kinda bummed about the website.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Why, because they close down the shop on weekends and probably took an extra day to celebrate our nations's independence?  Yea, they should have hung around over the holiday weekend in case you misplaced your ejector.   ::)  

And if your problem is with their shipping, a call to CS (those people who "suck"), would have had the part at your door in 3 days, absolutely free.  They are serious about the lifetime warranty.  And yea, some of those sucky people actually are members here.   :-?

And just so you know, no heat, in no car, nowhere, is going to get that pistol as hot as shooting a couple mags.   ;)

And finally, you are not the first or last to misplace an ejector. Some of us have been known to keep a spare. :)

10. Brake_Weight

Brake_Weight New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Southern MS
    You can't read? $5.50 including shipping-is advertised. Go to check out and there's an additional $12.00 shipping. That sucks.

Why you so angry?

11. Cheap_Shot

Cheap_Shot Active Member

Mar 18, 2011
    WI
    I would be angry with myself if I could have gotten a new one for free and fixed it some time ago but I forgot to call. ;D

If their website is screwing up and adding freight on to your order it is a mistake so call them and they'll sell it to you for $5.50 if you don't want to get it for free.

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well enough to find and push the ban button on your rude, punk a$$.

So there's a glitch in their site.  CAN'T YOU READ?  LIKE I SAID, PARTS ARE TOTALY 100% FREE, TO YOUR DOOR IN 3 DAYS, UNDER THE WARRANTY, WHEN YOU CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE.  

At total of 3 people told you that.

You come to a fan site and insult the folks at the company, then you insult a forum adminstrator, all in your first thread? All that after a member helped you and found your problem for you. Geez... ::)  

I'm not angry.  Here's your sign.  [​IMG]