P3at fair price?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by des015, Feb 7, 2010.

1. des015

des015 New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Top of the Morn to you experts! I saw a gray/black NEW P3at at an upperend pawn shop yesterday (as well as a matching 32). I have the same combo in a PF9 and am not a huge 380 fan, however I've read many of your reviews and praise for the little guy. He's asking $249.00---didn't ask what it came with if anything. Doubt if he would come down much if at all. Might try trading in an old throw away Astra 380. Any thoughts/advice on the price? Shop is in the greater Kc Mo area. Thanks in advance--Dan

2. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Thats a good price for a NEW one...snatch it up!

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Assuming that it is a NIB gun with a blued slide, $249 is a fair price - about average.  Of course the Astra is no longer made.  It is a Spanish made PPK clone of sorts.  I don't think they are really bad guns and in good condition it should retail these days for near $200.  A pawn shop will probably offer half of that as a trade.  Then again the P3AT didn't cost them much more than $200 wholesale.  Offer them the Astra and $100 or buy the KT and keep them both.  :)

4. des015

des015 New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah that was my thought also Cajun. The old Astra I've had for 40 years--condition more like $100 retail if that (no Nazi markings but from that era). P3 is the blued. Thought it was interesting that the 32 was $279.00?

5. trh53

trh53 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Not a bad price if it really is new.

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm also in the KCMO area, des015. I'd be interested to know which pawn shop you're referring to.

I use a LGS in Platte City just off I-29 north of the metro. Bill the owner has become a friend over the last couple of years I've been in KC. Unless I can get what I want at an extremely lower price than he wants for it, I go to Bill. Best of all he puts his inventory on his website. Although he doesn't always keep the gear, etc. pages up to date, he keeps his list of firearms up to date letting you see what he's got and what he wants for each gun. That's how I knew he had the Hi-Point 995TS is recently picked up.

Right now, he has a used P3AT and a used PF-9 and wants $225.00 a piece for them. I've looked at both guns and they are in 95% plus condition. New I paid $270.00 and $275.00 respectively for my P3AT and PF-9 that I bought from Bill. http://www.centerfirecentral.com/center.html

7. des015

des015 New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hi Bill, figured (and hoped) I might hear from you. I've enjoyed your posts from before I owned my PF9 and was aware your from KCMO area. I'll pm you with the Pawn shop if I decide not to do this. It's actually located in Kansas and since I'm from Olathe it would work well for me. Never been to your favorite place but thanks for the link. Kinda wanta keep this one under wraps for now ;). Any idea why they would want $30.00 more for the new matching 32 ($279.00) other than what he may have given for it? Thx Dan

8. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    I "shopped" the P3AT in the Columbia/Jeff City/Moberly area all last week and from what I saw - your's is the lower end of the price spectrum

I finally bought mine at Ammo Alley in Holts Summit (10 minutes north of Jeff City) for 289.00
    I saw quite a few at +300.00 and as high as +359.00

I too noticed the P32 averaging about 35-50.00 more than the P3AT and everytime I asked "why" I got the spectacular answer of "don't know" lol