p3at + extra mag holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by hellraiser, Aug 11, 2009.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    ive been around the site alot in the past few months and remember seeing a p3at pocket holster that had a extra spot for a mag on it.... needless to say i cant find it now... if any one knows what holster this is please let me know.... also if you have one what are your likes and dis likes about it??? as always thanks in advance!!!

2. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    DeSantis makes one called "The Sting." I agree that an extra magazine should be carried but I don't like having it in the same pocket as my ccw. The reason being is that I would have to switch hands to grab it out of my pocket if I ever had to.

I carried my PF9 in a DeSantis Nemesis and and extra magazine in my weak hand front pocket. This is what I plan to do for my p3at.

3. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    I agree with catfish, I use a wallet holster and carry the extra mag in the off hand front pocket. If I ever need the spare mag is easier to get to and quicker.

4. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    +1 Keep mag in weak side pocket or holder

5. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    thanks guys for the link and your thoughts!!!!!!!!!

6. rjwiggall

rjwiggall New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Here's a pic of my Uncle Mike's holster, slightly modified. I have to give props to my wife for cutting out the stitch and moving it in a couple of centimeters so the mag would fit, but it works great, and with the holster costing under $15 bucks, it couldn't be beat!

BTW, I agree with the others that the extra mag should be carried in the weak side pocket, but since my gun is in the strongside, all my other crap goes in the other front pocket, so the mag goes with the gun. It also really works well to decrease the "print" of the gun.

[​IMG]

7. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Don't forget to tell your wife she did fine work. ;)
    I also have an Uncle Mike and like what you did with yours. :)