P3AT extended mag reviews at kel-tec site...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by evi1joe, Dec 27, 2010.

1. evi1joe

evi1joe Active Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I noticed that about half of the reviews at the kel-tec store were saying the extended mag failed on them, with the bottom falling out. Did these people install it incorrectly? Are these just 2 or 3 out of 100s of happy customers? If satisfied customers don't post, which a lot of times they don't, then the reviews will not be as helpful.

How's your extended mag holding up?

2. artimus_prime

artimus_prime Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    no issues with either one.

3. downlow

downlow New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Mines been great, just a little uncomfortable with the CT laser and extended mag inside the waistband...

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    If you're asking about the nine round mag mine has been without issue. I've no experience with the +1 but would like sometime to give it a try.

5. Represent316

Represent316 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    My 9 round, And my +1 extension have held up fine. Then again i take care of my firearms, and dont use the magazine as a hammer.

However, Can anybody tell me if i can remove the "Floor plate" off of the extended magazine, And install a +1 to it [for seven round capacity] For those times i dont want to lug around the bigger mag?

Beings the magazine holds 3 extra rounds, It turns the small grip into basically a full size grip and isnt as concealable. I carry my 9 rounder as a "Back up / Spare", and have a +1 mag in the gun.
    Id like the option of having two +1's [1 with HP, 1 with FMJ] to switch ammos if the need arises. That, And just to have more options.

6. JackedP3AT

JackedP3AT New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Mine is fine.. Just have a problem putting the magazine in without having to push the mag release in.