Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a P3AT dummy. Kel Tec is of no help. I have sent e-mail, letters and called. If you know how I can get one please let me know. I make pocket holsters for the P3AT and need a dummy gun for this project.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Are you in business making holsters, or is this just a hobby?

I know for a fact KT has provided dummy guns to some holster manufactures that post here. In fact, the first photos we saw here of the SG P3AT were holster makers dummy guns.

Perhaps you spoke with the wrong person.

There is another company that makes cast aluminum? holster molding guns.
But danged if I can remember the name of them right now.

rcmodel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went through this with Kel Tec for over 6 months. It did not make any difference who I talked to as I got the same results. I do this for extra income so I guess you can say it is not a hobby as my listing on E-Bay have been on there for over a year. I even sent request to Kel TeK with letter head and pictures. Kel Tec is out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think you folks are out of line. In my civilian career I was a senior exec in a large corp. Companies cannot respond to every request that a "potential vendor" may submit. You can use your personal P3AT as a model......Or.......................perhaps you should buy one!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not want to get into this on a forum. But there are times it has to be done. Kel Tec told me to send a letter head and they would supply me with a dummy for $10.00. This went on for over 6 months. I would call and they said they would have one in a week. Never happened. Then I was told to send E-mail and they would follow it up and send one. I offered to pay up front but was turned down. Was told to call back in a week, again no luck. As far as using my own pistol that is out of the question. You put your pistol in wet leather 7 days a week 365 days a year and see what happens. I can't believe someone would expect me to do this. I ran a large corp for a number of years and I can promise you we did all we could to accommodate people. Next Kel Tec offered me the dummy gun and failed to come up with it. All I am wanting is to know where there may be plastic or other dummies available. Before you tell some one they are out of line be sure you know the facts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don't know for sure what Kel-Tec's policy is now-a-days with respect to holster makers. Regardless, I think the folks that rcmodel was referring to is Duncan Outdoors. Their website is http://www.duncansoutdoor.com/. Call them and ask to speak to someone in the dummy gun section. The quality of their pieces are somewhat lacking on occasion, but usually the small guns, like the KT's, are doable. The price used to be $45/per gun, but it's been well over a year since I've bought anything from them, so the price may be higher now. What's your user name on eBay? Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to E-Bay and in the search box type in P3AT holster. When the listing comes up look at the black pocket holsters. Mine are listed under chapman9818 and located in Tulsa, OK. I would give you an item number but they change. Be sure to read the write up about the holster. If you have any questions about the holster please contact me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.