P3AT Color combo's

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pfb, Oct 19, 2007.

1. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    My P3AT with OD frame and blued slide is on the way.

My new plan is to send it off to CCR for a cera-hide finish.

Curious what you think of these possibilities? (P9 shown, photoshop colors are approximate...)

Olive drab frame, Olive drab slide.
    [​IMG]

Olive drab frame, Earth Brown slide.
    [​IMG]

2. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    The inside of my pocket dosen't care and I don't think a BG will either ;D  ;)

3. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    Those blue accents are a clever idea. And easy to incorporate!

4. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    I think either would be an improvement over blued, just for durability's sake. But you really don't need to justify it to anyone if you wanna change the color of your gun. Just do it! I like the two-tone myself.

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Just from reading the descriptions I voted green on green figuring the brown would be WAUgly. Then I saw the pictures. WOW - I really like that brown on green. That is cool!

-Scott

6. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    I agree....I saw an AK done in brown and green and liked it! If my new green frame wasn't parked, I would be all over the earth brown :cool:

7. jnorthway

jnorthway New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I'm very happy with my OD P3AT w\Hard Chrome slide.

These look cool too though

8. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I like that brown so much I think I may know what I'm asking for for Christmas!!
    I've got the OD, and don't care much for the blued slide against it. Hadn't occurred to me to change it!

9. Can I order one of each?

As you can see below.... I like a bit of color!

[​IMG]

10. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
  11. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Probably would have to start with a completely stripped set of plastic, as the grips themselves are not removable...

12. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes, you'd have to send them stripped grip, probably the hammer block could remain in place. I just thought the color combos were kinda kool.

PshootR

13. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I have thought about armor coting(or something similar) the slide on my P3at. The blueing is nice but on both P3ats i have owned theres always a little bit of uneveness to the shine on it. Its not a big deal becouse its a sub $400 pistol but just kinda bugs me. I think i would go with all OD Green myself...

14. onefunzr2

onefunzr2 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Do you carry it on a chain around your neck, showing off both the KT and your cleavage? ::)