p3at BullDog cell phone holster review

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by YooperP3at, Jun 7, 2010.

1. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Here is my holster review for my P3at:

I ordered a BullDog cell phone case from Cabelas for $14.99 on sale.
    I always carry my p3at in a DeSantis Nemesis holster, but wanted another option.
    I took the following pictures to show the shape and size of this holster, compared with the Nemesis and a cheap camera case.
    The BullDog is a large case. I wasn't expecting it to be this large and stick out as much as it does. The gun fits in it ok, but I think they could've made it a little bit thinner so it doesn's stick out so much. I was a little disapointed with its size.

The cheap camera case next to it in the picture hugs much closer to the body and doesn't show as much with an untucked t-shirt. I also like the smaller size of the camera case.
    The BullDog almost looks odd on the belt. It's much bigger than a case for even the I-phone.

Overall I think the BullDog will work for some people in certain situations, but i'm tempted to use the cheap camera case rather than the BullDog when I'm not carrying in the front pocket.

The top two pictures are empty cases showing size. The bottom two pictures have the p3at in the cheap camera case.
    On my side with an untucked t-shirt, it's hard to see the gun in the case...looks more like a small camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    +1 for the camera case

3. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    I don't have a pic of them available on this computer but I've been using camera cases for about 4 months now for "carriers" of my Taurus .38 Ultra-Lite, my KT380, and a wide variety of other things when their dedicated holsters won't do -

- including a small one (CaseLogic brand) that holds three "loaded" .357 speed-loaders (not so much for easy access although it clearly does) but to protect them from dust and wear/tear

Want to have some fun?
    Assuming you're within the laws of your state and exercising requisite safety considerations - go to the Photo-Department of Wal-Greens, Wal~Mart, Target - etc and lay your (empty) gun on the counter as you "size" and "test-fit" your different small-guns in the store before you buy them!
    (I first did this with the 3 LOADED .357 speed-loaders and people gave me a wide berth, lol)

(not to mention they are CHEAP new....... and even cheaper at your local Pawn Shop and/or Thrift store which generally have a box or two of empty "cases" laying around)

4. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Brandishing in my state, but would be fun to see the faces of bystanders. :eek:

5. Xuoxo

Xuoxo New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Scranton
    It looks like a mobile phone / PDA case, but discreetly hides a gun. This innovative quick draw concealed-carry case is a discreet way to carry a small semiautomatic pistol. Specifically designed for the Ruger LCP, Keltec 3AT, TCP guns Taurus and similar in size or smaller with standard 0380 a stack of magazines. The unique grip to the gun placement with the two lower holes ambidextrous provide quick draw feature. Just insert a finger into the hole causing the lower front to turn in a gun ready to fire position. Resistant nylon construction with magnetic snap closure. Imported.Colors: Nylon Black, Nylon Pink, Nylon Khaki, Black Vinyl.
    qr code generator

6. deviantdigi

deviantdigi New Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Now if only the P3AT could make phone calls. *holds gun next to head* =P

7. HK_64

HK_64 New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I'd rather pocket carry than have it on a pouch on my belt. From time to time, the magazine button manages to get pressed when I have it in my nylon pocket holster. I need to pick up a leather pocket holster to see if that fixes the problem.