P3AT availability

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by goebeld, Feb 15, 2008.

1. goebeld

goebeld New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Hey guys. Long time reader first time poster. I am finally ready to buy a gun to back up my Glock 23 and to carry when its to hard to conceal the Glock. I live in Naples, Fl, and cant find a 380 anywhere. Any ideas on where to get one in SW Florida? 32's are every where, but im not sure if I want to go down to that small of a caliber just for conceal ability. Should I just settle for the 32?

2. It is very easy to find one on line at gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com.  You can also find them on line at bigger retailers.

Just do a net search.

Generally speaking... what evver the selling price is you can expect to payan additional  $15 - $25 on shipping... then add anopther $15 -$25 for FFL transfer.

I have bought several guns on line....(No kel-tecs).. and all of MY the transactions have gone smoothly.

3. ib4singlestack

ib4singlestack New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Yes,  380 >> 32, it's  worth going out of the way for,  I wouldn't settle for 32.

Welcome & good luck
     :cool:

4. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I posted this in another thread but got it wrong the first time. Don't know if it's an option for you or not.

See if you can order one through an FFL in you area from Tomball Pawn. Their NIB price is $250 for blued, shipping would run maybe $15-$25 and using the FFL network I can find an FFL in my area who will do the transfer for $15. I know that's getting up around $280-$290 but if ordering is your only choice ...

http://www.tomballpawn.com/

http://www.auctionarms.com/help/fflnetwork.cfm

5. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    While size does matter, neither a .32 nor a .380 is exactly a death ray.
    I have drifted back to a P3AT after many years with a P-32, and I do have more confidence in the larger caliber; arguably, the .380 is almost a real gun.  Both calibers will let you cover a retreat, which is what they do best.
    For the low price, get the .32 and see what you think about the KelTec system.   Down the road, keep an eye open for a P3AT if you still want one.
    Moon

6. Robertoj

Robertoj New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    hey....not sure what you mean by "the .380 is almost a real gun", most police officers will agree that people shot with .380's end up just as dead, as the people shot with other calibers......shot placement continues to be a determining factor......

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Some people I know feel a "real gun" is .40 or bigger, anything else is "sub-caliber".

Others I know say if it don't have big knockdown (at least 400 FPE at the muzzle) it ain't enough.

Obviously these are arbitrary choices and provide endless hours of posturing and heated discussion over many beers especially when the choice for many an assassination has been smaller than .380

I seem to recall every time this comes up somebody chimes in with I'd rather have a .22 in my hand than a .44 at home. ;)

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  9. I think Wilson said it best with something like... The folks that say a .380 is not a real round for SD have never been shot by one.... :p

10. eduk8tor

eduk8tor New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Hey goebeld, if you can, wait for the P3AT. Personally, I think it's personal preference though, based upon what your needs and requirements are. I've owned everything from the Dirty Harry to a Walther TPH and yes, Dabloon (chime), I just have to smile when someone mocks the .22, in the right hands it can take anyone down for the count. It took me years to break away from my TPH and move up to my P3AT, but with a few modifications it works just fine and I'm pleased with the choice. I don't know about the rest of the country, but I just came from a gun show and there were 11 P3AT's on the tables, all NIB, but magazines, grip extenders, etc. were sold out within the first hour...seems like there are others that like the P3AT also. ;)

-Bruce

11. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Me included!

My .357/.40 will most likely be permanently housebound now. The PF9 will be with me on those days when it's a little cooler and I have cover for a proper holster but the P3AT will likely be my primary carry in many situations because homey don't wear no coat when it's above 65 or so degrees and that's about 10 out of 12 months here in oil town.

And it's about this time somebody puts in a plug for SmartCarry ... I'll probably have to break down and buy one of those things one day but I can't say I like the idea of a flap over my Johnson.