Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thus I venture onto the P3AT forum...

Anyone know of a good, comfortable, "all day" ankle rig for this tiny pistol?

So far the Fobus is the one I've seen...I have a Bianchi that I like but the Fobus looks like a good one. Thoughts? Other than pocket carry...I want to have options other than pocket carry as well.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nic - I tried ankle carry (and boot carry) and found that I was really disappointed at "how far away" my gun was and my inability to get at it in any reasonable time frame. That combined with the clothing limitations that it presents (no shorts...) has me rejecting that method for anything but long drives now. Your mileage may vary. (drives, mileage, ha ha...)

I don't remember if you have ever mentioned what methods you use now, but as an alternative to pocket carry you might want to consider the www.smartcarry.com No matter what else I am doing at the time I always have that on and it keeps coming back as my anytime favorite. From near naked to in a suit, when nothing else will work, that will.

-Scott

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having ankle carried about once a week for some time now (about a year) I've been painfully aware of the limitations. When I do ankle carry now its a Bersa (around 25oz probably) in a bianchi rig, and I'd have to say that this sort of tiny gun would go unnoticed on my leg.

Given that its so tiny, I'll be trying out other methods (pocket, IWB possibly) but I'll want an ankle holster for it anyway. Fobus looks like its it...but I've never seen one of their holsters before, so I dont know how they compare to the Bianchi, which is an AWESOME rig IMHO. I have run with it before (forgetting I was even wearing an ankle rig!) and it didn't budge. Compared to the Uncle Mikes ankle holster, which was a piece of utter trash. Velcro straps gave way on occasion, and it was never secure, always moving around and making me nervous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.