P3at and cat bullets

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by supervirgil, Jul 15, 2009.

1. supervirgil

supervirgil New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Anyone have any expirience with this. right now i am using a 105gr swc sized to 356. Alloy is water quenched Wheel weight. Is posting load data permissible in open forum? if so i will post my load I am trying.

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes, AFAIK you may post your data.

Note:  Load date posted on public forums often include a warning something like the following.

3. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    It's the .380 that worry's me the most. You are a lot closer to the end results....

Bert

4. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I haven't had that much experience shooting cats. Although I have been tempted at times,

Craig

5. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    You have that backwards.. you don't shoot at cats, but rather with them .

Known to be useful as wheel-chocks & door-stops, they can also be pressed and used as projectiles

B.

6. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    ok, maybe i'm a bit confuzed, but if you are going to shoot with cats, would not a trebuchet work better? Good luck loading it.

7. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    ;D ;D ;D

You guys aren't right.

CJ

8. Robert357

Robert357 New Member

May 11, 2009
    WA, the State
    I would be curious how the 105 grain bullets feed and if you have any problems with OAL and seating depth? I will be shortly using 95 grain round nose cast lead bullets, but haven't tried them yet. I would anticipate no real problems with a 95 grain round nose cast lead bullet. A heavier (and hence longer) SWC could either have feeding or or bullet length/seating problems.

Let us know how it goes.