P3AT and casual fashion

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Oleg_Volk, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
  2. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Really...... who would carry it there? I wouldn't even consider that concealed since it visually jumps out at you.

3. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Nobody would. It's an illustration of light weight.

4. keltecfan

keltecfan New Member

Apr 7, 2010
    There's a pistol in that picture? Are you sure?

5. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Cute gal though ;)

6. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hmm,

Nice illustration of the P3AT's light weight Oleg, but not really stealthy.  The classic set-up is to have the pistol attached to the  stockings/suspenders just like James Bond ladies did with 25 automatics.  The P-32 & P3AT weigh no more than a Colt 25 or Beretta  Bobcat auto so I have to think that would be still a viable mode of carry, though a bit more racy to illustrate ;)
    [​IMG]
    Carey Lowell as Pam Bouvier From "A License to Kill"​

I don't know how practical it is but it does look nice​

[​IMG]
    Oleg, I do imagine that the James Bond Pam Bouvier character would have carried a Kel-Tec P-32 or P3AT if they had been available in 1989.  I realize the first photo is high fashion, but the Khaki's in the second are casual.

Best Regards:

7. dawger

dawger Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Very nice pistol !!!!!!!!

8. JB

JB Guest

It does 'jump out' but when I first saw the pics yesterday, it started me wondering if there wouldn't be some way to attach some kind of decoration to the top of the clip (something that wouldn't get in the way of functionality) that could disguise it as some kind of brooch or something. Maybe that 'something' could be designed in such a way that it would remain securely attached when wearing the P3AT on the clip but would fall away or be easily knocked off with the thumb, etc. if the pistol were needed. Don't know - just thinking via the keyboard.

9. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Maybe attached with a magnet? Honestly, if its in the right spot, I dont know that it would matter, as long as it doesn't interfere with the cycling of the action.

10. Sexy as all heck, but not practical at all.  Cumbersome to draw and the shape of the thigh (smaller circumference toward the knee) tends to allow gravity to pull the weapon down as the user moves about during the day.

11. SuperTrucker

SuperTrucker Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Sexy as all heck, but not practical at all.  Cumbersome to draw and the shape of the thigh (smaller circumference toward the knee) tends to allow gravity to pull the weapon down as the user moves about during the day.

[/quote]

My wife used to carry on a thigh setup (about 10 years ago). It was connected to a garter so it didn't slide down. She only used it for work, because it had to be "deep concealment" while wearing a dress and shirt (no belt) that was the best at the time we could get for her.

She said it was super easy to draw while seated, but as you mentioned awkward to get at while standing/walking.

12. If I knew Super Trucker better, I would post the standard "this thread is worthless without pictures" comment.

Oh wait- this thread started with pics... so I guess the pics are required! ;)

13. lklawson

lklawson Well-Known Member Supporter

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    It's also a classic, historically accurate location for ladies to carry a "last ditch" defensive weapon. Spanish ladies used to carry a clasp-knife in the garter. I'd have to look up the name to be sure, but, IMS, it translated to something like "Salvation of my Honor" or the like.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. Picatinny_Pete

Sep 2, 2009

If I knew Super Trucker better, I would post the standard "this thread is worthless without pictures" comment.

Oh wait-  this thread started with pics... so I guess the pics are required!   ;)[/quote]

Hi,

The set-up is serious, and people have given this sort of carry some thought as illustrated below in leather too, with a 32 Auto so it should work with the P3AT or P-32:

[​IMG]

More info on the rig is at Gunleather.com at this link: https://www.gunleather.com/cart/shopexd.asp?id=30
    and as mentioned before it does require a garter but is more practical that the garter holster rigs you see in ads for Halloween costumes.

Photo Censored ;D

Best Regards: :cool:

15. Emack76

Emack76 Active Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Wow!  Quite the lapel pin!   :eek:

Crosseyed or not, that is one fine looking er...  um...   :-/ 3AT?  :-X

16. Picatinny_Pete

Sep 2, 2009

Hmm,

Actually from the grip it might be a Walther PPK, still sort of a James Bond Type Get up. ;)

Best Regards: