P3AT and Arma Laser

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by DadoftwoGirls, Aug 6, 2009.

1. DadoftwoGirls

DadoftwoGirls New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I ordered the Arma Laser but it hasn't arrived yet. Anyone have one on the newer model P3AT's? I'd like to know what you think.

Thanks!

2. StanSimmons

StanSimmons New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I've added an ArmaLaser to my girlfriends P3AT. She likes it a lot.

It fits the 2nd Gen P3AT better than the 1st Gen. The area in front of the trigger guard is wider on the 2nd Gen and fits the ArmaLaser nicely.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    IMHO without question a great training/practice device. I've got one on my training/practice P3AT and am very happy with the ArmaLaser. Some very good arguments as to why it would also be a plus for carry. If and when I were to get a laser for my carry P3AT it'd probably be the Crimson Trace. Think for God forbid a combat situation I'd prefer the CT with the way it switches on and off. Besides it looks pretty cool doesn't it?  :)

Take care...

4. DadoftwoGirls

DadoftwoGirls New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    [quote author=BillK link=1249597957/0#2 date=1249602484]IMHO without question a great training/practice device. I've got one on my training/practice P3AT and am very happy with the ArmaLaser. Some very good arguments as to why it would also be a plus for carry. If and when I were to get a laser for my carry P3AT it'd probably be the Crimson Trace. Think for God forbid a combat situation I'd prefer the CT with the way it switches on and off. Besides it looks pretty cool doesn't it?  :)

I've read on both.  I guess it boiled down a little to money for me.  Both appear to be excellent for what they are used for.  Probably the biggest selling point to me was that if I get a different carry gun and Arma makes a laser for it, I can send it back and for a few bucks get it setup for the new gun without having to buy a whole new laser.  In addition the Arma came with a DeSantis (sp?) holster free of charge custom made to fit the Arma and P3AT.  Pretty good value if you ask me.

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

I hear you. In no way am I unhappy with my ArmaLaser.

Take care...

6. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    The only problem I have ever had with my P3 and Armalaser was at the range after about 50 rnds through the weapon the laser, I found later - didn't want to look at the Biz end ant the range, turned itself off, at the switch.  It could have been me not pushing the switch all the way forward and recoil sending it to the off position, not sure.  It hasn't happened since but with the ammo shortage I haven't done any marathon range shoots.

I did have to change the batteries after about 4 months but those were the ones that can with the unit.  I have the clock on the new batteries to get a baseline.  What ever the time frame ends up being I'll just change the batteries a month ahead of the time.

I don't worry about it shutting itself off, like I said it was after 50 rnds.  If I'm in a gunfight I'll run out of ammo long before 50.

I love it and this is the reason why (it a CT but the same reasons apply) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv1NP7QqDWs[/ame]   check the last 6minute especially,

7. veni_vidi_vici

veni_vidi_vici New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    We have 2 p3at`s each with the AL. They can take some practice getting the beam adjusted ours are on the money at 15ft and we have to readjust  them after range shooting. Best firearm money I have spent second  only to my KT`s.  We change our batts  every daylight savings time just like our smoke detectors.

8. Celtic_Warrior

Celtic_Warrior New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    If my new set of batteries last about 6 months that is a brilliant idea. I do the same with my smoke and CO detectors.

DRILLIANT!!