P3at Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by regrip, Mar 17, 2009.

1. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Please move if this is in the wrong section.

Since Obama is making it harder to get Ammo, I just found out he is taking once fired Military brass off the market so it can't be reused. I would like to know what I can use to help prolong the life of the .380 ammo I have?? Is there a inexpensive substance that can be use around the primer and the lead that seals out dampness for long periods? I have a feeling the shortage is going to et a lot worse. [highlight]You can cling to your weapon, but have nothing to fire.[/highlight] >:(

2. abq_sfr

abq_sfr New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    IMHO paranoid gun owners are causing the shortage not the President. At some point, nobody's drawers will have room for any more ammo and they'll quit hoarding. Then they won't need to buy ammo for 5 years and all the gun shops will go out of business because nobody will be buying it. Or else they will give a box of WWB free with any purchase. Just 1 theory.

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    DO Not waste your time painting primers & bullets.

They are already mostly sealed from the factory.

Nothing you can add to that will make one bit of differance.

The differance you can make is Proper Storage.

Surplus steel GI ammo cans are water-proof, and ammo stored in them will last for many decades, if not longer.

Failing that, get some Tupperware with snap-on lids.

Keep the canned ammo in a cool dry location and it will last far longer then you will!

rc

4. ABN82MP

ABN82MP New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Not a popular opinion, but I subscribe to that also. There hasn't been a single gun issue passed yet and everyone is blaming the government for the ammo shortage.

My buddy was at the store today picking up .380 reloading supplies. The store also had 3 cases of Blazer Brass .380 that was gone in 20 minutes.

Lucky for me he brought me one home :)

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Although nothing has actually been passed yet, the "paranoia" that some people are describing the ammo and gun run as is not actually paranoia. To be paranoia, there must be an unreasonable fear of something happening that is not based in fact, innuendo, or the rhetoric of a leader. The run on ammo and guns is based on all three of these things.

1) BHO and the Dems in Congress have repeatedly voted to ban all guns and ammo using nonsensical definitions like assault weapons, armor piercing bullets, and street sweepers. This is fact.
    2) BHO and the Dems in Congress have begun using the designations "military weapons" and "sporting purposes." The term "military weapons" is used to demonize certain guns based on the way they look with the innuendo that black rifles are evil. The term "sporting purposes" refers to an arbitrary designation referring to guns used only for hunting and other shooting sports. The innuendo for these gun are that the Second Amendment only refers to hunting and that such guns are not evil especially when the number of rounds they hold are limited to one to three shots. A further innuendo is that such sporting guns are safer to the public than the wicked black ones. This is clear innuendo.
    3) BHO and the Dems in Congress have repeatedly referred to legal gun owners as thugs who have not yet been caught breaking the law. Anyone with a CCW is a threat to public safety. Furthermore, BHO and the Dems in Congress have repeatedly stated that they plan a 1000%-5000% tax on all ammunition, have called for the serialization of all ammunition, and have called for the banning of any rifle round larger than .30 caliber by referring to anything over .30 caliber as cop killer bullets. Last of all, a bill has been introduced that if made law will make CCW permits issued by the states illegal again because they see those of use with concealed carry permits are a threat to the safety of a free society. This is rhetoric from our leaders.

Based on the things BHO and the Dems have done, are threatening to do, and actual bills introduced (many already discussed on the RKBA forum), there is a reasonable belief that a new AWB and ammo legislation is only a matter of time. Therefore, there is no paranoia but a rational fear of the obvious at work.

6. BackYardShooter

BackYardShooter New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The decision to mutilate used military brass has been reversed. It apparently was not an Obama thing but an overlooked rule that has already existed... Anyway, read some other forums and yoiu will find valid links that indicate that all is well now.

The rest of the ammo shortage (in my not so humble opinion) is just panic buying and the supply will catch up with demand in the not so distant future...

YMMV

7. wmailhos

wmailhos New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    I guess I fall into that camp then...

I started purchasing ammo well before the election however. Most of my purchases were not based on any thought on my part that the government was going to take my guns/ammo. My decision to purchase ammo was based on the rapidly increasing prices of ammo last year. I figured I'd get what I needed before the prices increased (again and again). It sure beat the hell out of keeping my money in the bank (or worse yet in some type of equity investment).

8. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    ammo cans work well and coffee cans also work well. they will keep ammo for many years.

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    "I support the 2nd Amendment and Gun Owners have nothing to fear, I won't try to take their guns away..."

"Reasonable Restrictions are okay..."

"We need an assault weapons ban to protect weapons..."

"DOD brass restrictions...." (I don't buy a CIC didn't know about such a decision)

"Pilots don't need guns..."

Yes, I think we have reason to be paranoid. I do believe panic buying is a huge part of it but there is more than that. Something else is putting a hold on the supply chains?

-Scott

10. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Just because I'm 'paranoid' doesn't mean they're not after our guns!
    Merkel of Germany wants to do raids on gun owners.
    Political snakes hate guns worse than a possum hates a pick handle.

11. ChasF

ChasF Member

Feb 14, 2009
    It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you .... or your guns, etc.

12. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006

There are a some Dems and Repoos over the edge on possession of weapons but the vast majority do not concur with the points you try to make here.  Making a statement does not make it true.
    Please supply something other than fringe wack doodle (liberal or conservative) references to support especially ---
    1. 'ALL guns and ammo'  AND
    3. 'Thugs', CCW reference, '1000-5000% tax' on ammo, please specifically list the federal level bill submitted that bans CCW - I want to fight it if it exists.

The herd is in a panic stampede.

13. CONNAUGHT

CONNAUGHT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Here in Georgia, a usually gun friendly state, any new laws are almost immediately challenged. For example, last year a law was passed expanding where permit holders could carry. One such areas was at an airport parking lot, or in an airport outside the security zone. Anti-gun zelots have already found a judge to disregard that right. Yes there is an ongoing battle against gun rights and we must be ever viligent against those whose ultimate goal is to take them from us.