p3at accuracy

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cookieruffruff, Apr 19, 2009.

1. cookieruffruff

cookieruffruff New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    ya'll are right the more i shoot my p3at,and or use snap caps. the better i'm getting.ktog is a great forum,i wish others were as good. and when i get a dig. camera i will post pic's..... i also have to learn how to post pic's as i am new to pc's,..... not shooting the p3at is a great gun as ya'll know.and more accurate then i thought. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Go here http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1115586716   to see how to post pics. It is a great how to in the Site Feedback and Announcements area.
    Glad you like your pocket pistol and yes this is a great site with great people that are happy to share their knowledge with us all.

3. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Glad you're enjoying yourself and hope you stick around. I use photobucket as a source for uploading pics because you can't just load them here straight from your pc. As for the accuracy of the P3at, it is accurate way past distances you'll be shooting in a SD situation. Hopefully though it won't ever come to that.

4. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Indeed.

You'd be suprised your little 3at can shoot. Shot a few mags this weekend and while its not perfect (just like the owner) the bullets fly pretty dang close where my little red laser is pointed at.

5. forestranger

forestranger Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Absolutely amazes me how accurate it shoots everytime I shoot it. Wish I could shoot my P11 as well. :-[

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

Glad to hear your getting better with your P3AT. If you believe as I do that that your most likely (God forbid it should ever be necessary) to use your P3AT "point shooting" as opposed to "aimed" shooting you should mostly practice that way. A laser on your P3AT would be a great training tool for point shooting whether dry fire (snap caps for the P3AT!) or live fire.

Take care...

7. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Amazed I have always had full size handguns and I have been impressed! I did put some glow paint on so I can see sights easy. One dot on front and a line on back sight to be able to see without problems.

Live Long Die Hard!

8. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    requalified for my ccw and I was shooting low and to the left.

9. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Congrats now keep it up!!

10. shurhouse

shurhouse New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Mine shoots low and left also. Is it us or does the p3at normally shoot that way?

11. cookieruffruff

Mar 25, 2009
    mine used to shoot low ,right,untill i got used to staging the trigger. also painted the sights, like someone recomemded. it works great....now 3' group or under 20 yrds or under whew did i spell all that right ,...i ain't no school marm. lol ;D

12. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I've never gotten a 3 inch group with my KelTec 380 but fast shooting, single handed right or left hand, shooting from the hip of whatever, I can put'm all on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper across a medium sized room. I think that pretty much does it; doesn't it? :)

13. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    If you're a righty-that's why you're shooting low and to the left. It's because you're not managing the trigger pull smoothly. If I don't pay attention (I'm left-handed) I'll shoot low and to the right. Concentrate on your trigger pull.

Copterdrvr

14. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    [highlight]For righties[/highlight]

[​IMG]

[highlight]For lefties[/highlight]

[​IMG]

15. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I can see the science in this Mr Hawg.

16. cookieruffruff

Mar 25, 2009
    here is bitsey hopefully, new to photo bucket???????

17. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
  18. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I was able to smooth the trigger on my P3AT and with no problem I can hit cans at 10 yards. Love this gun

19. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I worked and worked to get to accuracy with the little beast and was only ever so-so until the Hornady Critical Defense came along. Reliability is now complete and so is the accuracy. The gun was designed and built years before the ammo it was made for, IMHO ... :cool:

20. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I do beleive that's a picture of a KelTec .380 on the Hornaday Critical Defense box.