P3AT 1st time at the range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rounder1106, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Rounder1106

Rounder1106 New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    So, I picked up this little engine that could on Saturday for $240. Black slide with Gray. Finally went to the range today to "break it in". Only ammo I could find was the el cheapo brand called Aguilla .380 hollow points??? Fired 50 shots through it and only got 1 stovepipe. One thing I did notice though was on some shots after it would eject it seemed like the slide was getting caught up on something and hesitating before closing in the next bullet in. Also when I would put in the clip and pull the slide back to load it would get caught on some occassions. Has anyone experienced this before? I contribute the stovepipe and the slide problem to using cheap ammo. Besides those hiccups, this pistol is great. I am hoping it will work itself out after I fire another 50-100 rounds through it. The recoil is far less than I origianally expected. Easily controllable and about as accurate as you can get on a pocket gun at about 7 yards away from target. I was a little skeptical at first with carrying this on me for self defense but I am really impressed with this gun. This will surely be right in my pocket everytime I cannot carry my Glock 23 on me. Great buy if you ask me. With being a new P3AT owner, if anyone has any tips on these guns, please advise. Thanks.

2. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG

The problem you described is usually easily fixed, it is a common problem, go to the "TEC WORKS" page and consider doing a "fluff and buff" and a good cleaning on your new gun, keep it well oiled and greased, you will soon notice that it feeds much, much easer. ;)

Have fun and keep us up to date...