P3AT 1G & 2G Slide Serration Measurements Needed!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gbm5170, Jul 1, 2008.

1. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I'm working on 'Slide Grippers' (name credit goes to Adamsesq) for the P-3AT and other Kel-Tec pistols.  I need some exact dimensions (in tenths of a millimeter, if possible) for the serration valleys.  Width measured perpendicular to the cut and length measured down the edge of the valley side (not diagonally or slide height). Exact measurement, I'll take care of making sure that the pieces cut are slightly smaller to ensure fit.

P-3AT 1G & 2G: (need) (don't forget the measurement for the short piece on the right side)

Also I need measurements for:

P-40: 2.5 mm x 14.8 mm (long pieces)
      2.5 mm x 5.0 mm (short pieces, on right side only)
      *This is what I have, please doublecheck yours, thanks!

P-11: (need)
    PF-9: (need)
    P-32: (need)

Free set to everyone who helps out with usable measurements (thanks!) *I'll let you know once available.

Below is my very roughly cut first attempt, please excuse the poor fit, but the pic gives you an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

[​IMG]

2. s0b3

s0b3 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Re: P3AT 1G & 2G Slide Serration Measurements Need

P3AT - Gen 2

i would make the strips 2.0mm wide due to the slight differences btw the serrations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006

My P-3AT (and P-32s) are highly melted and so I can't get good measurements off them so I appreciate your help.

Well please give me a height measurement for each of the serrations that are different.

By the way, looks like you are measuring the length wrong.  I need a measurement along the edge of the serration, which is not the same as the slide height as shown in your picture (yellow lines).

Also the width (green line), please be sure the width is measured perpendicular to the length (shortest way across), thanks!

So you have 2.4 mm wide on one side and 2.1 mm on the other side?  That is a worrisome difference in the widths of the two sides.  2 mm will probably still work fine for both sides but I'd like to hear from other P-3AT owners as well (1G and 2G owners) to find out what the extremes are.

4. s0b3

s0b3 Member

Jan 2, 2008

Left side serrations are 2.2 to 2.3 mm.  12mm in length on the hypotenuse.  if you made them 12mm long and 2mm wide, they should work.

Right side serrations are 2.1mm to 2.4mm.  12mm to 10mm on the longest serration, 8.5mm to 7mm on the next one and 7mm on the rest.

If you want to send me a set of prototype ones, i can send you feedback and pics to ensure fitment.

5. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006

Excellent, thanks! 2 mm should work (hopefully) for everyone.  Any 1st Gen owners out there?  I need your measurements!

6. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006

Ok, there has been some confusion about exactly how to make the measurements. Here is an example graphic (based on a P-40 slide - your P-3ATs will look different):

Basically, the critical measurement is the Width (shown in green). I also need the Lengths (shown in yellow)

[​IMG]

I am going to try for a semi-circle rounded end (assuming I can get these pieces laser-cut).

7. poppo

poppo Active Member

Jul 3, 2008

for W, I am getting a range of 2.20mm to 2.33mm

For L1 I get 11.27mm and L2`6.61mm and one at 9.67mm (just behind the extractor screw)

This is on a 2nd Gen JSZxx range

8. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

2nd Gen - HKSXXX

Left Side: W = 2.3 - 2.5; L = 11.6 x 6
    Right Side: W = 2.0 - 2.2; L = 10.6, 7.0, 6.7, 6.7, 6.7, 6.7

Bobo