Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw them at the gun show today.  The 10 rounder was longer than a P32 10 rd mag and had no plastic molding attached - just the tube.  It did have a finger extension on it - maybe the Scherer - at least that type.  I imagine you could fashion some sort of spacer.  The 15 rounder was ridiculously long and had the same finger extension.  It looked like a mini Glock 18 mag.  I was tempted but they were Pro Mags so I resisted in spite of the stated lifetime warranty.  I think they were $30 and $35 (maybe $40).  Perhaps next month.  They had plenty.  :-/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Humm... We have a gun show coming to town next weekend. Hopefully they have these so I can take a look at them. Probably wont buy them but I am curious to see them.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 10 rounders were no doubt the same except that these had finger extensions installed (ala Bersa, Scherer, etc) rather than the flat base plate.  What I had never seen were the 15 rounders.

Out of morbid curiosity, has anyone tried these? :-/

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
TxCajun said:
I was tempted but they were Pro Mags so I resisted in spite of the stated lifetime warranty.
And that is pretty much where this ends for me. I just don't need the self-recrimination when they don't work.

Besides, without the spacer to help your palm control the little beast, I think I would rather have more breaks loading mags, not less.

·
Registered
37 Posts
WOW! 10 & 15 round mags. I bought my P3AT for concealment purposes. I love how it disappears in my front pocket and how it shoots. I guess longer mags would be good on the range, other than that, I don't see much practical use for them.

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, assuming they work, mostly a novelty item for the range. However, for some folks, the P3AT is the only gun they own so maybe home defense duty, especially in case of zombie attack. ;)

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I have heard of a few Pro Mags working perfectly and many others failing miserably. Since there was a lifetime warrany sign displayed next to the mags, at next month's gun show, I may ask the mag vendor if HE will refund my money when if they don't work. Otherwise, I'll let someone else roll the dice on these. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
TxCajun said:
Yea, assuming they work, mostly a novelty item for the range.  However, for some folks, the P3AT is the only gun they own so maybe home defense duty, especially in case of zombie attack.   ;)
That is exactly what I want the 15rd mag for. You never know how stubborn those zombies can be. Some drop with one shot and others take 4-5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
P3AT pro mag

I'm new to this forum and this is my first question. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the quality of pro-mag for Kel-tec. I'm interested in getting at a 10 rd mag and they want $32 for them. Are they worth it or are they just a novelty?

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[smiley=smiley_down.gif] Duplicate (sort of) thread spliced. [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought a Pro-Mag 10 round for my Ruger P90 before I learned (on the internet) how bad they are. Except, mine has NEVER so much as hicuped. I understand QC (I was a QE for 25 years) and I probably got one of the 50% that came out good. I have read so much on many sites that I am afraid to buy another Pro-Mag. But no one else makes hi cap mags for Rugers and Kelties.

Of course, my P3AT is strictly a concealed carry gun but my PF9 and P90 are HD/SD/Range guns too and I would like higher capacity for those purposes but with stock mag capacity I feel well armed with any of those three guns. And I would not feel comfortable with a long mag sticking out unsupported. At the range it's all good. For carry, and really, for HD that unsupported mag sticking out looks to me like an invitation for problems. I do hope someone will try one and post the results.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I second avoiding Pro-Mag. I have never had a good magazine from them.

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
I saw a 15 round drum magazine for a Bersa .380 at a gun show.
Now that would be kinda kool but useless for a P-3AT. They weren't very expensive as I recall, and if they'd had one for a Kel-Tec I'd of got one just as a novelty.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I could see using the 10 round as a reload magazine and/or keeping a few of them in your vehicle. That is if they work well.
I might give one of them a try just out of curiosity. Does anyone know how long they actually are, I looked at their web page but I couldn't find any details.

CJ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts