P3AT 10 & 15 rd mags

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TxCajun, Oct 3, 2009.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Saw them at the gun show today.  The 10 rounder was longer than a P32 10 rd mag and had no plastic molding attached - just the tube.  It did have a finger extension on it - maybe the Scherer - at least that type.  I imagine you could fashion some sort of spacer.  The 15 rounder was ridiculously long and had the same finger extension.  It looked like a mini Glock 18 mag.  I was tempted but they were Pro Mags so I resisted in spite of the stated lifetime warranty.  I think they were $30 and $35 (maybe $40).  Perhaps next month.  They had plenty.  :-/

2. RangerNDog

RangerNDog New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Humm... We have a gun show coming to town next weekend. Hopefully they have these so I can take a look at them. Probably wont buy them but I am curious to see them.

3. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
  4. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The 10 rounders were no doubt the same except that these had finger extensions installed (ala Bersa, Scherer, etc) rather than the flat base plate.  What I had never seen were the 15 rounders.

Out of morbid curiosity, has anyone tried these? :-/

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    And that is pretty much where this ends for me. I just don't need the self-recrimination when they don't work.

Besides, without the spacer to help your palm control the little beast, I think I would rather have more breaks loading mags, not less.

6. VectorFL

VectorFL New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    WOW! 10 & 15 round mags. I bought my P3AT for concealment purposes. I love how it disappears in my front pocket and how it shoots. I guess longer mags would be good on the range, other than that, I don't see much practical use for them.

7. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, assuming they work, mostly a novelty item for the range. However, for some folks, the P3AT is the only gun they own so maybe home defense duty, especially in case of zombie attack. ;)

8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Anything but a Pro Mag. Too many problems to waste my money. I've never known anyone who got them to work.

9. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Actually, I have heard of a few Pro Mags working perfectly and many others failing miserably. Since there was a lifetime warrany sign displayed next to the mags, at next month's gun show, I may ask the mag vendor if HE will refund my money when if they don't work. Otherwise, I'll let someone else roll the dice on these. :D

10. RangerNDog

RangerNDog New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    That is exactly what I want the 15rd mag for. You never know how stubborn those zombies can be. Some drop with one shot and others take 4-5.

11. streetprowler

streetprowler New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Gotta hit 'em in the head...

[​IMG]

12. PaulAllen

PaulAllen New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    P3AT pro mag

I'm new to this forum and this is my first question. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the quality of pro-mag for Kel-tec. I'm interested in getting at a 10 rd mag and they want $32 for them. Are they worth it or are they just a novelty?

13. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Re: P3AT pro mag

Welcome to KTOG.

Here is a link on the subject. If you search I'd bet you'll find a few more threads.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1254618286

I have a 7 round Promag for my P32 that works fine but I think I'm one of very few that have good luck with them.
    If you buy one and try it let us know how it works.

CJ

14. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    [smiley=smiley_down.gif] Duplicate (sort of) thread spliced. [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

15. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I bought a Pro-Mag 10 round for my Ruger P90 before I learned (on the internet) how bad they are. Except, mine has NEVER so much as hicuped. I understand QC (I was a QE for 25 years) and I probably got one of the 50% that came out good. I have read so much on many sites that I am afraid to buy another Pro-Mag. But no one else makes hi cap mags for Rugers and Kelties.

Of course, my P3AT is strictly a concealed carry gun but my PF9 and P90 are HD/SD/Range guns too and I would like higher capacity for those purposes but with stock mag capacity I feel well armed with any of those three guns. And I would not feel comfortable with a long mag sticking out unsupported. At the range it's all good. For carry, and really, for HD that unsupported mag sticking out looks to me like an invitation for problems. I do hope someone will try one and post the results.

16. DontSaveHer

DontSaveHer New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    I have heard promag started using strong enough mag springs lately which was a problem for there past mags. On the other hand i have read that if you do have a problem with a magazine there is practically no way to contact them but they seem to have a nice website up now.

http://www.promagindustries.com/AboutUs.asp

17. manofpeas

manofpeas New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I second avoiding Pro-Mag. I have never had a good magazine from them.

18. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
  19. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I saw a 15 round drum magazine for a Bersa .380 at a gun show.
    Now that would be kinda kool but useless for a P-3AT. They weren't very expensive as I recall, and if they'd had one for a Kel-Tec I'd of got one just as a novelty.

20. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I could see using the 10 round as a reload magazine and/or keeping a few of them in your vehicle. That is if they work well.
    I might give one of them a try just out of curiosity. Does anyone know how long they actually are, I looked at their web page but I couldn't find any details.

CJ