P3AT +1 mag extension

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by chihuahuatn, Apr 26, 2009.

1. chihuahuatn

chihuahuatn New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I did not see the +1 mag extension for the P3AT on Kel-Tec's on line store, are they still making them ? I sincerely hope they still are... anyone know?
    Mike

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    They tend to run low on them very quickly. I got mine because they had one when I called them. Give them a call Monday morning and ask them if they have a date for getting more in. That way you'll know when to call them back. A buddy of mine talked to them last week about a pinky extension. They told him to call back Wednesday, April 29, and told him they should get them in Wednesday. KT's CS is really great. They'll work with you.

3. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Is my hand that big compared to yours??? My extension is a ring finger one. Without it I can only get my middle  finger on my grip.   ::)  But really do any of you get your pinky on the extention????  I also just kept checking web site for a week until I could order them to lazy to call.

4. billjohnso20

Dec 7, 2008
    No my hand is not that small. I refer to the extension as a "pinky" extension because that is what I've always heard them called. Granted that was when they were used on guns that were closer to full size. With the diminutive size of the P3s the extensions truly are ring finger extensions but the name has stuck for me. Regardless though, the +1 extension allows for a much better grip. I use one on my P3AT and my LCP.

5. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I figured but I just could not refuse. ::)

6. radioflyer

radioflyer New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I tried to grab the gun like I would a 9mm and it hurt when I shot. Moved the pinky underneath and all was good. Like most things in life if you force it then their is a price to pay

7. PShea

PShea New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    The 'pinkie' extension allows my ring finger to grip very nicely, but it sort of stuck out between my ring finger and pinkie, digging into the top of my pinkie when I took a firm grip.

So, I cut the very last groove off (the one sticking furthest out) and sanded down the edge.
    Fits like a glove! You'll never know it's there. Makes for better concealment, too.

8. Plus_One

Plus_One New Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Billjohnso, since you mention owning both a P3AT and a LCP, which do you like best? And why?

9. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I have to admit that while I own a P3AT and love it and haven't had any problems with it what so ever, the Ruger LCPs do have a better finish to them. I've yet to shoot one and can't say if it's better or not. I'm just remarking on the finish. And when you think about it, that very first impression is without a doubt vitally important.

It seems to me Kel-Tec could sell more of their guns if they would just take a few minutes to touch up on somethings. Once again - First Impressions.

As I've stated on several posts, I've yet to do anything to this little darling of mine and have it fail. So, I'll stick with it. Just give the public some spit and polish on the finish product. It would do Kel-Tec a world of good. To say nothing of boosting sales.  

By the way, I love my 'pinky' extensions. Only way to go. Nothing wrong with the 1 + Mag. I just like the looks of the 'pinky' extension. And it does make a difference when shooting. Should come standard with every P3AT and the P32 as well. Something else that I think would increase sales.

10. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I call BS on that statement.

Sell more guns? How is that possible?

Kel Tec sells every gun they make, there are waiting lists for them at gun stores across the country. They could double production and still sell out.

Must be doing something right.

11. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Not trying to sound like a troll. Just my opinion. But I think Kel-Tec could better. Hey, remember, I like my P3AT!

12. billjohnso20

Dec 7, 2008
    My P3AT is the better gun. It has a better trigger, is more accurate, and is 100% reliable. My Elsie Pea is 95% at best. It is especially susceptible to jamming when it gets dirty---usually between 50 and 75 rounds. My P3AT has never jammed, period. I know it's not a range gun but I have 400 rounds through it in one range session---not one single jam, period.

Sadly, Ruger stole the design and claimed they didn't. What's more, it ain't the wonder gun they claim it is. I had to F&B the Ruger to get it to 95% reliability.

I call BS on that statement.

Sell more guns? How is that possible?

Kel Tec sells every gun they make, there are waiting lists for them at gun stores across the country. They could double production and still sell out.

Must be doing something right.[/quote]
    Yeah, KT is the third largest gun maker in the U.S. They have so many orders that the lack of supply has forced the prices up in many markets. They simply can't make enough guns to keep up with demand. They are doing just fine on sales.

First impressions mean nothing to me, BTW. I bought the Elsie Pea first because I never considered a KT and didn't know about the P3AT at the time. When it gave me trouble I was lucky enough to find KTOG. The F&B got it to 95% reliability.

The fact that the F&B worked and the great advice here led me to buy my first KT, a PF-9. When it proved to be 100% reliable, I decided to buy the original P3AT and as I've said it beats the LCP hands down.  KT produces great guns and I don't mind working on them. I recall when the norm was to buy a semi-auto and take it directly to a gunsmith so he could work on it to make it reliable because all semi-autos were unreliable out of the box. KT makes me nostalgic for the good old days when every gun was a reflection of its owner. Now days guns are mass produced, cookie cutter clones. It's a breath of fresh air that KTs are so easily customized and for a lot less money than it costs to customize a Gluck, XD, or 1911.

13. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i would call them. they sale out real fast on them.

14. bh153dc

bh153dc New Member

+1 on what billjohnso20 said. My P3AT represents what I have done to it. 16# wolff spring, metal mag release, F&B, +1 mag extensions. I enjoy working on it but not that it needed it right out of the box. I have around 1,500 rounds through it and it has functioned flawlessly. I have wear marks on the slide but to me that is a sign of character. Kel-Tec owners are a different breed. BTW, I have done the same things to my P11. I LOVE that gun. I shoot plates at 20 yards with my P11 and it is a nail driver.

15. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Just called Keltec and asked if they had any +1 mag extensions. They said yes. I ordered two. Still not showing on website. Need to call them. Great to talk to.

16. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009

So true. lol learned this lesson with my Glock 30 and grip extenders.