P322 or p3a22 what do you think

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by snookking, Mar 4, 2011.

1. snookking

snookking Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I like the idea of the pf22 conversion. What about a p322 conversian?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    According to the Twisted Industries website, a P3AT conversion is coming in the future.  As cool as the PF922 is, I will be more interested in the P3AT22, as it will make a very cool and very pocketable little trail gun.   :cool:

3. OnTop

OnTop New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I don't like conversion unit.  I rather spend a few more extra bucks and buy a stand alone .22.

OT

4. snookking

snookking Member

Jan 8, 2011
    now that will be sweet!

5. snookking

snookking Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I like that aswell it is a different spin I never thought of.

6. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    I've been hoping for a P3AT .22LR conversion for years. I love the idea - great way to practice with the P3AT trigger & sights for cheap.

7. EnufIsTooMuch

EnufIsTooMuch New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    While I understand the logic, I cannot agree with the result. The AirSoft and Glock products are entirely imported. I'd rather support my own country and avoid buying imported to the greatest possible extent. Were the economy not so weak, if we were just booming with full employment it wouldn't bother me much.

I do like the idea of a .22 of similar size and characteristics to a gun that is more expensive to shoot. Sounds like a reasonable alternative to being forced to shoot less due to ammo cost and tight budgets. Even so the intended use of your centerfire handgun must be considered.

If it is a personal defense firearm, the issue of needing to be well schooled and practiced does not go away by practicing with a smaller and cheaper caliber. The less you use your personal defense gun itself with it's normal ammo the poorer your performance will be when you really need it.

8. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    While I understand the logic, I cannot agree with the result. The AirSoft and Glock products are entirely imported. I'd rather support my own country and avoid buying imported to the greatest possible extent. Were the economy not so weak, if we were just booming with full employment it wouldn't bother me much.

I do like the idea of a .22 of similar size and characteristics to a gun that is more expensive to shoot. Sounds like a reasonable alternative to being forced to shoot less due to ammo cost and tight budgets. Even so the intended use of your centerfire handgun must be considered.

If it is a personal defense firearm, the issue of needing to be well schooled and practiced does not go away by practicing with a smaller and cheaper caliber. The less you use your personal defense gun itself with it's normal ammo the poorer your performance will be when you really need it. [/quote]

While shooting your defensive guns in their designed caliber is certainly necessary, there is definitely value in a sub-caliber conversion kit. You can practice trigger control, and, if it is set up similarly, the same sight picture. Going from a Glock 22 to a Ruger Mk3 has limited value from a standpoint of training, but slap an Advantage Arms .22LR kit on the Glock frame, and you have a valuable training tool.

9. vvldb14

vvldb14 New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    I personally cannot wait until the P3A22 conversion comes out. The ammo is so cheap and easy to find. Also the conversion looks very simple to switch back and forth between the 380 and 22lr, so the range would be a lot more fun IMO. But we'll see how long it takes for TI to come out with the kit.

10. snookking

snookking Member

Jan 8, 2011
    This is something I really want. I can shoot any time I want for next to nothing. I will still practice with my 380 as usual. But I can shoot more ;D

11. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    I could like one of those, not sure its the best idea to be monkeying around like that with a gun I plan on carrying a lot.

12. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    any updates on this thing yet?!?!? i asked them to e-mail me when they're available, they said they would, and i haven't heard anything since then.

they also said they were considering a .32naa barrel!

one more reason to buy one of these conversions is that you can put your laser on it too! i'm not aware of any other pocket .22 that has a compatible/practical laser. i don't like lasers personally, it's just a thought.

13. AR1911

AR1911 Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I'll sure buy one. I don't know of any .22 autos in a comparable size on the market, except maybe the Phoenix.
    My P3At sits in the safe since the LCP came along, so this would be a good use for it. trouble is, which color ceracote goes with a navy blue grip? I'm thinking the Coyote tan

14. B5.5Dan

B5.5Dan New Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Northern Utah
    I like the idea of the kit too. However, it seems that, while there are certainly benefits to training with cheaper ammo, the precision needed with pistols this size make it such that when practicing you need to have everything as it would be in a life or death situation. There isn't much margin for error with a 2" barrel, and it seems to me that when practicing, everything must be what you will expect when things go south, so to speak.

Would I buy the conversion kit though? You betcha!