Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Crimson-Trace LaserGuard (from Optic-Planet) on my new P32 and found that the increased 1/8" width on each side of the trigger guard was enough where Kel-Tec's trigger shoe for the P11 ($10-Keltec) fits without extending beyond the trigger guard. A very important safety aspect. Now it has an awesome trigger pull!

I also installed a Pachmayr stretch-grip ($10-Natchez Shooters Supply) which slides over the P32's lower grip area and adds just the right amount of "bulk" to the lower grip and really helps with the gun's "hold".

Then I added Pearce Magazine Extensions ($13 for two-Natchez) which gives your second pinky a firm grip on the P32.

All four of the above plus the White Trigger-Stop eraser-mod really make the P32 a fine shooter!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Colnick, do you have a 1st or 2nd generation P32? I'm just wondering about the trigger shoe and if it fits differently on each... from what I have read in the forum, I thought the shoe required modifying to work safely on the P32.

Hopefully maybe someone can chime in and set me straight on this.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
The Kel-tec trigger shoe was made for the P11. It is wider than the trigger guard on all other KT SD pistols and could pose a snag hazard.

The OP in this thread installed a Crimson Trace Laser on his P32. He is saying that the laser, which fits on the trigger guard, effectively increased the width of his trigger guard so that it is wider than the trigger shoe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Kel-tec trigger shoe was made for the P11. It is wider than the trigger guard on all other KT SD pistols and could pose a snag hazard.

The OP in this thread installed a Crimson Trace Laser on his P32. He is saying that the laser, which fits on the trigger guard, effectively increased the width of his trigger guard so that it is wider than the trigger shoe.
Exactly right, TxCajun! The Crimson Trace LaserGuard, once installed, effectively increased the sides of the lower trigger guard 1/8" on either side. Now the P11 trigger shoe is fully inside the trigger guard and is no longer a safety issue and no modification of the shoe is required.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Colnick, do you have a 1st or 2nd generation P32? I'm just wondering about the trigger shoe and if it fits differently on each... from what I have read in the forum, I thought the shoe required modifying to work safely on the P32.

Hopefully maybe someone can chime in and set me straight on this.
Mine is a Gen 2....just bought it new three weeks ago. The shoe fits my
P32's trigger perfectly with no modification needed. There is about an
1/8" "play" in the up-and-down placement of the shoe, allowing fitting depending on the shooters finger size (the installation instructions cover all this). The shoe spreads the pull force required on the trigger to fire over the increased trigger area with the shoe installed and gives a much lighter feel and more defined "stages". All this results in better accuracy and follow-up shots. I would rate the installation of a trigger shoe right up there with the White "eraser-mod" trigger stop.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
And again, it should be pointed out that on any P32/P3AT/PF9, the KT trigger shoe is wider than the trigger guard and could cause an unintentional discharge when holstering the gun, etc.

Using the KT trigger shoe on these pistols calls for modification:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And again, it should be pointed out that on any P32/P3AT/PF9, the KT trigger shoe is wider than the trigger guard and could cause an unintentional discharge when holstering the gun, etc.

Using the KT trigger shoe on these pistols calls for modification:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm
See the attached photos of my P32 with the Crimson-Trace LaserGuard and Trigger Shoe installed. Judge for yourselves. (Hope the attached photos come thru'....my first time trying attachments!)

DSC00875.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

DSC00873.JPG

Attachments

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
See the attached photos of my P32 with the Crimson-Trace LaserGuard and Trigger Shoe installed. Judge for yourselves.
Yes, I already acknowledged that your Crimson Trace effectively makes your trigger guard wider. However, where saftey is an issue, we want to make sure that the 99.99% of P32 owners that do not have a CT installed, understand the potential danger of installing the KT trigger shoe on these guns.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanx TxCajun... I was not aware that a CT laser made the trigger guard wider.

And thanx Colnick for the pix! They help a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I already acknowledged that your Crimson Trace effectively makes your trigger guard wider. However, where saftey is an issue, we want to make sure that the 99.99% of P32 owners that do not have a CT installed, understand the potential danger of installing the KT trigger shoe on these guns.
Amen, TxCajun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts