Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P32 is having an odd problem. It does this both actually firing and just manually racking the slide and cycling rounds. After firing and sliding back, the slide hesitates (more like completely stops) midway before going forward.

I havn't been to the range in months, but last time I was there it did it several times out of box of fifty rounds. I don't quite recall, but I believe a few times it just stopped and refused to go all the way back forward at all.

Can anyone tell me what this problem is related to and how to fix it?

Without Ammo in it it will slide forward every time, but IMO (never had another p32 to judge) racking it back seems clunky like something isn't right.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This usually goes away after a few hundred rounds of breaking it in. The bullet is jamming, or hanging up on the feed ramp.

Another way is to polish the feed ramp of the barrel. Also it's part of "fluff and buff."

Check these instructions:

http://www.thektog.org/tecwerks12c.htm

http://www.thektog.org/tecwerks10.htm
mmmmm, I've already put a few hundred in it. Never did polish the ramp. It's for sure a feed ramp issue though? Could it be it just doesn't like the Ammo? Only stuff the gun range had was PMC Bronze 32 auto.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
mmmmm, I've already put a few hundred in it. Never did polish the ramp. It's for sure a feed ramp issue though? Could it be it just doesn't like the Ammo? Only stuff the gun range had was PMC Bronze 32 auto.
If you did not have the problem before with different brands of ammo, my first suspect would be the ammo is just not feeding right, causing a bit of hang up on the barrel ramp, or it could be the rim of the PMC is slightly different and hanging a bit in the mag. Just changing back to your previous ammo would likely solve this issue. If you want to try to get the PMC to feed better, then you could try polishing the feed ramp to see if that would allow a bit easier feeding. You might also want to polish the chamber, as the PMC dimensions could be just different enough to cause some hesitation in chambering the rounds.

Jim R

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
JHP will hang up more then FMJ...and some ammo is worse than others.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
If the take down pin is not in perfectly, you will experience frame bulge. The rails being even a tiny bit out of line will cause the slide to hang up. I never experience this with my hard chrome finish, or blued. My parkerized slide take down pin is the only way I get this. I have to be carefull when inserting the parkerized pin. If it won't rack cleanly, but instead slows down about half way forward, this is the problem. Take apart, reinsert pin, ensure it seated well into the hole in the other side of the frame. Repeat rack test.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the take down pin is not in perfectly, you will experience frame bulge. The rails being even a tiny bit out of line will cause the slide to hang up. I never experience this with my hard chrome finish, or blued. My parkerized slide take down pin is the only way I get this. I have to be carefull when inserting the parkerized pin. If it won't rack cleanly, but instead slows down about half way forward, this is the problem. Take apart, reinsert pin, ensure it seated well into the hole in the other side of the frame. Repeat rack test.
Just took it apart and put the pin back in several times. Couldn't get it to improve this way.

Looking at the rounds that I cycled to it the shell casing are marked up right before the bullet, on the lip.

I think what is happening is that the casing is getting jammed on the feed ramp just before it goes into the actual barrel. Moving the head of the bullet up the feed ramp manual, barrel in one hand, round in the other, I can make the round casing catch at the top of the feed ramp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts